Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
Indigo Ink
The curious one!
Indigo Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook, Ebookman 901
conversion question

If I want to convert a text only PDF to .prc is there is difference in the way the outuput would look/ behave depending on whether I use mobi creator or mobi reader (with import option)? Thanks in advance
Indigo Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Reader gets updated more frequently, but I don't know if MobiPocket has changed PDF import in the Reader since the latest Creator was built. The advantage of Creator is that it gives you the option of editing the metadata before creating the MOBI file.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Ink View Post
If I want to convert a text only PDF to .prc is there is difference in the way the outuput would look/ behave depending on whether I use mobi creator or mobi reader (with import option)? Thanks in advance
Yes, big difference. With Creator, you are able to edit the intermediate file i.e. the xhtml Creator makes from the PDF before turning it to Mobi. That can sometimes make the difference between a really readable book and a complete and utter mess. This is of cause, only my personal opinion.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes, big difference. With Creator, you are able to edit the intermediate file i.e. the xhtml Creator makes from the PDF before turning it to Mobi. That can sometimes make the difference between a really readable book and a complete and utter mess. This is of cause, only my personal opinion.
Nah, not an opinion -- that is a fact.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote