Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
It's the Surface Pro, so I suspect they will be comparing it to laptops, ultralights, and tabs. In my experience, Microsoft has ignored Apple.
Ah, right. I have never actually seen a Microsoft store. Makes sense that they ignore Apple as much as Apple ignores everybody else. Choice is always good. Now I also remember that the introduction of the 128gb iPad was done almost on purpose to draw attention away from the Surface. Apple should have start selling the 128gb right from the start.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
This one just opened last fall. I rarely do the malls and only discovered it trying to process a return. They said they'd do the return for me, so I took the opportunity to check out the store. It's an amusement park for geeks like me.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
From a purely selfish POV, I'd love it if interest in iOS products hit an early-'90s-reminiscent trough and Apple were actually forced to reduce their prices on the slowest-selling items. The idea would be to buy the 128GB iPad on the cheap when it was absolutely despised and out of fashion, then pick up a Novation Launchkey 25, and enjoy composing polyphonic music for virtual instruments on a moo-hanking tablet that won't run out of space.

But by then, perhaps companies like Sonoma Wine Works will have solved the latency issues in Android, enough pro music software companies will see the potential profit, and I'll be able to use DAWs like Live and Reaper on a Nexus or Galaxy tablet instead.

Technically, the Surface Pro is working up to being able to run Cubase and Live Suite, but when it comes to music, the environment has to be tested, stable and compatible with everything else.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 02-08-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote