Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Onyx eInk Android smartphone

E Ink Android Phone by Onyx International

I suppose this has synergy with Onyx's work to get Android working on their eReaders.

(Sidenote, another site points out that "this is a straight smartphone design, not the dual sided demo unit which we saw a while back".)
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
If they make a linux version, I buy it
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
There is already opensource smart mobile phone - Forerunner, but with classical display, no e-ink. It runs different distributions of Linux.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Lol, I just got a Galaxy S3. Now I think about getting that phone as well...!
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
There is already opensource smart mobile phone - Forerunner, but with classical display, no e-ink. It runs different distributions of Linux.
You probably mean the Openmoko Freerunner. Which is merely a 300euro-or-so curiosity.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I just posted in the Android forum that I would probably buy this phone without waiting for reviews. Just hope it's available in the 1st or 2nd quarter and the one I have now keeps working until this is available
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
You probably mean the Openmoko Freerunner. Which is merely a 300euro-or-so curiosity.
Yes, Freerunner, not Foreruner.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I just posted in the Android forum that I would probably buy this phone without waiting for reviews. Just hope it's available in the 1st or 2nd quarter and the one I have now keeps working until this is available
Currently it is just a concept phone (however already fully working one).
The final version (ready for mass production) will be available most likely till the end of the year. Sample is already pre-ordered.
I love my Galaxy S2, but I will give a chance for that device too. The expected price will be rather low.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Currently it is just a concept phone (however already fully working one).
The final version (ready for mass production) will be available most likely till the end of the year. Sample is already pre-ordered.
I love my Galaxy S2, but I will give a chance for that device too. The expected price will be rather low.
You're saying possibly even towards the end of this year? Wow! Great!
I'm sure you'll let us know when you have one in hand to test.
thx
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
myself11
Enthusiast
myself11 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST + Kindle PW2
I didn't think it would be available so soon (Q1 2013). What's the screen size? 3.7"?

Ereader-store.de is going to sell it?
myself11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
the battery life will be much better than current Android smartphone I guess?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
They said 1 week.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #13
Philju
Enthusiast
Philju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
As mentioned here

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241614

the Onyx E-ink smartphone has just been launched.

Since the device is based on Android 2.3, I'll gonna buy one as soon as there is a successor with Android 4.0 and a larger screen available. In my opinion, the screen size could be optimized. Presently too much space in the lower part of the front side of the device is wasted.

Does anybody know if Onyx plans to develop a successor? Are they presently working on that issue?
Philju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philju View Post
As mentioned here

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241614

the Onyx E-ink smartphone has just been launched.

Since the device is based on Android 2.3, I'll gonna buy one as soon as there is a successor with Android 4.0 and a larger screen available. In my opinion, the screen size could be optimized. Presently too much space in the lower part of the front side of the device is wasted.

Does anybody know if Onyx plans to develop a successor? Are they presently working on that issue?
I was not really satisfied with current version of Onyx phone (E43) so we decided to drop this version and wait for successor.

It should get 5" screen, Android 4.4 and I suggested to equip it with 3G (instead of currently 2G) and perhaps add some hardware of regular smartphones like camera and GPS receiver. What do you think about?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #15
Philju
Enthusiast
Philju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Hi Booxtor,

5'' screen, Android 4.4 and 3G would be perfect.

In my opinion a camera is not necessary since an e-ink phone is no (and as I believe does not want to be) a multimedia device. Towards a GPS receiver I personally am indifferent since I usually travel by public transport :-)

But what I would appreciate is a changeable battery and an aluminium casing to enhance the durability of the device. I would be willing to pay a higher price for these features.

Best regards
Philju
Philju is offline   Reply With Quote