Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #91
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
@ixtab little confusing but will eventually figure it out. Thanks, I didn't think this was actually possible, hope I don't need a router for it.
The host PC is configured as a router or gateway for the kindle.

On a Windows host PC, you can use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126

On a linux host PC, you can use iptables:
http://www.howtoforge.com/internet-c...ading-on-linux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Internet_Share

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-19-2012 at 11:30 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #92
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
27.2. VNC/RDP over WiFi

There are numerous VNC with just HTML5/JavaScript/Ajax around... and here I'm going to introduce some of them. Personally, I was striving to port KindleVNCviewer to KT so I can use Kindle as a screen for my laptop in emergencies and that's now accomplished opensourcedly (a new English word ).

ThinVNC
Guacamole - HTML5 Clientless Remote Desktop
noVNC: didn't work for me!
AjaxVNC

My suggestion to you guys is ThinVNC, works like charm. I'm going to make Guacamole and ThinVNC better, and I'll update when that's done.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 AM   #93
jib
jib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
28: how about a torrent client for kindle? Tuned into some specialized tracker on ebooks?
jib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #94
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I have those for a 3.

I'll go figure out what package it is. maybe someone could re-build it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #95
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

rtorrent, ctorrent (and libtorrent) are what I have for the 3.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #96
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
30: Kindle Read Later (with comments)

As far as I know, with all existing Kindle Read Later tools, bookmark or plugins, when you use it on a page or blogs with comments, the comments are not converted and sent to Kindle. Does anyone know any solution? If not, we have to develop.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #97
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post

As far as I know, with all existing Kindle Read Later tools, bookmark or plugins, when you use it on a page or blogs with comments, the comments are not converted and sent to Kindle. Does anyone know any solution? If not, we have to develop.
BTW, yours should be 29, twobo just answered 28....
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #98
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post

if you use Send to Kindle of Klip.me you can edit the text and add the comments here just before pressing the Send button. To able to do that you should select and copy the comments before using this extension.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Send to kindle add comments.png
Views:	245
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	96173 Click image for larger version

Name:	Send to kindle add later comments.png
Views:	208
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	96175

Last edited by thomass; 11-15-2012 at 02:24 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #99
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
rtorrent, ctorrent (and libtorrent) are what I have for the 3.
What with your work at porting the entire Debian repository system to the Kindles . . .

You are heading for the second most frequent response:
1) Re-charge the battery.
2) twobob has been there, done that, search his threads.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #100
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe we need a Index just for twobob
Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #101
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Maybe we need a Index just for twobob
It is probably a good idea.

He is just making a "survey" of what works and what doesn't with notes about how much work it might require to fix the things that don't work OOTB.

But still, that is a really big first step for anyone that wants to follow up with working out the details.

Hmm...
A wiki page: "The twobob survey index" ???
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #102
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is probably a good idea.
He is just making a "survey" of what works and what doesn't with notes about how much work it might require to fix the things that don't work OOTB.
But still, that is a really big first step for anyone that wants to follow up with working out the details.
Hmm...
A wiki page: "The twobob survey index" ???
Heck, that could be a measurement of how likely a program is to work on the kindle.... 135tsi or something
Old 11-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #103
knc1
Going Viral

Yeah, good idea, score them in the (new) TSI (twobob survey index) measure.

Just like Linux from Scratch -
They measure (or score) the build difficulty as units of "binutils time".
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #104
twobob

Heh. Just call me the million monkeys

if someone fuelled me with some decent usable (as in "I can gorram understand it enough to use it") Eink dithering code: I might be dangerous.

In the interim. 1 million monkeys.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #105
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Heh. Just call me the million monkeys

if someone fuelled me with some decent usable (as in "I can gorram understand it enough to use it") Eink dithering code: I might be dangerous.

In the interim. 1 million monkeys.
I just heard from one of my old MiniModding.com members who is currently playing with Android based media players.

If I can get him interested in the challenge in fast dithering ....

You might Blog or Article about the challenge of plugging GM code into the kernel e-ink driver layers where he can see it (I'll make it visible to him).