Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #1
huaan
huaan has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex DR800SG
Wink Another iRex DR800SG on eBay

I have previous posted a thread of the sale of an iRex DR800SG here, and it was sold two weeks ago. I am now selling another one eBay. This e-reader was bought by me for a friend three months ago. He only used it frequently for about three weeks.

This sell also comes with a black protective case.

The linkage is here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1154

Thanks for your attention.
huaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
grogthegreat
grogthegreat began at the beginning.

Device: none
The ebay add indicates that there is a s,all spot on the screen that is stuck grey. Could you please post a pic showing the size/location of this spot?
A picture is worth a thousand words but if you can't get a picture could you describe the size, location, how noticeable it is on a pure white screen, and how distracting it is? I know that last part is very subjective and that you aren't impartial but I consider it to be an important enough of a question to ask anyways.
Lastly, if the front is set on the small side (I have very good eyes) how much of a letter or word will the spot blank out?

Sorry for all the questions but a good picture or two will answer all of them. Thanks,
-Grog
grogthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
huaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogthegreat View Post
The ebay add indicates that there is a s,all spot on the screen that is stuck grey. Could you please post a pic showing the size/location of this spot?
A picture is worth a thousand words but if you can't get a picture could you describe the size, location, how noticeable it is on a pure white screen, and how distracting it is? I know that last part is very subjective and that you aren't impartial but I consider it to be an important enough of a question to ask anyways.
Lastly, if the front is set on the small side (I have very good eyes) how much of a letter or word will the spot blank out?

Sorry for all the questions but a good picture or two will answer all of them. Thanks,
-Grog
Good question. The ever-grey spot is located on the left side of the screen. The photo attached illustrated its specific position. Actually, it is really small.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0933.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	57806  
Old 09-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Hell, It took me ages to see it even with the big circle around it. Karma to you for your honesty!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
An-Jay
An-Jay began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800s
Actually, the pictures of the grey spot in front of a plain white background don't say anything.

It would be more interesting to see a picture of the spot when there is text under or around it. Then it would be possible for potential buyers to estimate if it affects the reading experience or not.

Last edited by An-Jay; 09-07-2010 at 03:17 PM.
An-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
huaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by An-Jay View Post
Actually, the pictures of the grey spot in front of a plain white background don't say anything.

It would be more interesting to see a picture of the spot when there is text under or around it. Then it would be possible for potential buyers to estimate if it affects the reading experience or not.
This spot will always remain grey, whenever there is text it under it the e-reader is powered off.

I will try to catch a photo later when it is in the way of a text. But you will see it is not a problem.

Last edited by huaan; 09-07-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #8
huaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Hell, It took me ages to see it even with the big circle around it. Karma to you for your honesty!
Thank you very much. I do not want the buyer to try to return the e-reader to me because there is a problem not mentioned by me, especially if the buyer lives outside US, which will cause a lot of troubles for both of us.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #9
huaan

Here are two new photos about the grey spot on the screen.
The spot is located at the lower-right corner of the letter "c" of the word "charged".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0939.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	57858   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	57859  
Old 09-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #10
An-Jay
An-Jay began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800s
thanks for the pictures! I'll keep an eye on your auction.
An-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
jumpinghorseshoe
jumpinghorseshoe began at the beginning.

Such an obvious ripoff! You purchased 2 dr800s at the ebay auction and sell them as if you purchased them a while ago? Those who bid on your auction don't even look at your feed back record? It's not so hard to figure out what's going on.
jumpinghorseshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #12
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinghorseshoe View Post
Such an obvious ripoff! You purchased 2 dr800s at the ebay auction and sell them as if you purchased them a while ago? Those who bid on your auction don't even look at your feed back record? It's not so hard to figure out what's going on.
Nice spot!

Nothing wrong with buying on e-bay and then reselling, but the lies in the OP's opening post are less easy to forgive
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
huaan

Quote:
Right. I did purchase three iRex 800s recently from Car Toys on eBay, one for myself, another for my oversea friend, and I am going to sell the third one. However, the one I am currently selling on eBay was an old one.

By the way, why I want to claim that I am selling something old, rather than something newly purchased? The iRex 800 from eBay Car Toys probably come from their inventory. After the bankrupt of iRex, they just try to sell all of them as soon as possible. So the quality of the e-readers from them will probably be better than an used one. If I really want to lie something about this trade, I would say it came from Car Toys, and would not even bother to take all those photos of the grey spot and just pretended that the screen were in perfect condition.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #14
jumpinghorseshoe
jumpinghorseshoe began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaan View Post
Right. I did purchase three iRex 800s recently from Car Toys on eBay, one for myself, another for my oversea friend, and I am going to sell the third one. However, the one I am currently selling on eBay was an old one.

By the way, why I want to claim that I am selling something old, rather than something newly purchased? The iRex 800 from eBay Car Toys probably come from their inventory. After the bankrupt of iRex, they just try to sell all of them as soon as possible. So the quality of the e-readers from them will probably be better than an used one. If I really want to lie something about this trade, I would say it came from Car Toys, and would not even bother to take all those photos of the grey spot and just pretended that the screen were in perfect condition.
Give me a break!! If you state clearly that it's from Car Toys, who would pay 100 dollars more than your purchase price? The Car Toys DR800 do not sell well because they are most likely refurbish/return/open box. It's a hit or miss regarding the quality.
jumpinghorseshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #15
huaan

Quote:
Give me a break!! If you state clearly that it's from Car Toys, who would pay 100 dollars more than your purchase price? The Car Toys DR800 do not sell well because they are most likely refurbish/return/open box. It's a hit or miss regarding the quality.
All right. According to the two e-readers I have received from them, it is not the case.
And I will know if what you said is true next time when I sell the one from Car Toys on eBay.

Last edited by huaan; 09-09-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Tags
irex 800