Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
No TOC

I converted an epub to mobi and viewed it in Kindle Preview. I am told I have no Table of Contents. But I do have the NCX View which shows the TOC accurately. I read the Kindle Publishing Guidelines. The TOC section only refers to media in the document. This file has no video or audio.

Am I missing something? Is there more work ahead for me?

Thanks - Fabe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	No TOC.png
Views:	181
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	81715  
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Look at this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165621
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You must create the inline (html) TOC yourself. Kindlegen doesn't automatically create one from the ncx file. The ncx file is only used for the chapter "jump-points" that can be navigated to by using the left/right arrows (or the joy-pad) on the Kindle.

Section 3.3.1 of the Kindle Publishing Guidelines explains the details of the "logical" TOC (ncx), while section 3.3.2-7 deals with guidelines for creating the HTML TOC (the one you must create yourself).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Thanks guys (gals?) I saw the other post after writing mine. I added a question to the endof it.

I will go back over the Kindle Publishing Guidelines.
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote