Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
How to get frequent news downloads (more frequent than 1x day)

I would like to set Chicago Breaking News to download and send news to my kindle several times a day. How would one do that? Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I would like to set Chicago Breaking News to download and send news to my kindle several times a day. How would one do that? Thanks, Debra
Use the Fetch News| Add a custom news source | Customize builtin to make several copies of the recipe, changing the title of each in the recipe, then set them to download at different times.
Or....
Use the command line tools.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool. Thanks. I will let you know if it works for me (I'm sure your instructions are correct, the problem is in the operator).
Old 08-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Unfortunately, it isn't working for me

I try to customize builtin, picking Chicago Breaking News. I change the name to Unknown News1. But it doesn't have the recipe from Chicago Breaking News. I get an option to replace Chicago Breaking News, but I say no. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I try to customize builtin, picking Chicago Breaking News.
1) Select Chicago Breaking News in the custom recipes at this point. The recipe will appear on the right. Once you have done this, proceed to step 2.

Quote:
I change the name to Unknown News1.
2) To change the name of this recipe, change the line that reads "title =" on the right.
3) Now click Add/update Recipe button.

Quote:
But it doesn't have the recipe from Chicago Breaking News. I get an option to replace Chicago Breaking News, but I say no.
This means you haven't changed the title. It's trying to save it on top of the original.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
2) To change the name of this recipe, change the line that reads "title =" on the right.
@Sydney's Mom I've circled (see attached) the area in the recipe Starson17 is referring to. Just change the name between the single quotes.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	custom_news.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	57317  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
@Sydney's Mom I've circled (see attached) the area in the recipe Starson17 is referring to. Just change the name between the single quotes.

Good Luck.
Oh, I have to do it in the recipe itself, not the GUI! No wonder. Thanks, and K for you both!!!!