Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile
danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Roll Over, Hitler! - a new comic novel with a razor edge

It’s 2012 and the unprecedented has happened. Fifty-two year old Ron Goldberg, a liberal U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, has been elected the first Jewish President of the United States. Proclaimed “the Jewish Kennedy,” his kingdom “the Kosher Camelot,” he still is not universally embraced by America. Or the world. Blackmail, dirty tricks and charges of nepotism quickly threaten to sabotage his presidency. Anti-Semitism resurges. Death threats abound. Old flames are fanned. Bacon is eschewed. Camels are bombed. Furniture is rearranged. A dead father speaks. All the while, Goldberg soldiers on, determined to make his mark by unveiling the centerpiece of his agenda — an ambitious world disarmament plan that could either work or end all life on Earth in a nanosecond.

BIO. I have been an advertising writer for three decades, winning hundreds of major industry awards. I created a unique and irreverent Jewish greeting card company called Jewish FunnyBone. Additionally, I have licensed many of my ideas for use on a variety of consumer products. I live with my wife and Cairn Terrier in Westboro, Massachusetts. I have three grown children and four grandchildren. This is my first novel.

http://www.RollOverHitler.com [to Amazon/Kindle] Excerpts are available via Amazon’s “Look Inside” feature. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9781592994656-500x500.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	62312  
danbro@rcn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, danbro@rcn.com

Consider using the "introduce yourself" link below to join us.

Lots to do and learn here.

Also.........we are a world wide forum, and our members have every device available.

You need to publish your book in epub and other formats to reach the widest audience.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile
danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Thanks for the advice. Obviously I'm new to this. So I really appreciate your helping me get up to speed.

Dan
Old 12-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir

We're really a friendly group here, and want you to succeed.

It takes a little time, but soon enough you'll find your way around.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile

I'm hoping all this might create some buzz and readership for my new novel. But I don't want to do anything that's not kosher. What's a good, polite and proven way to encourage readership?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
rrburton
Connoisseur
rrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad
Multiple formats will be an awesome start. I'm itchin to check your book out, but I only use ePUBs, for example. Book sounds fun, off I go to see the sample...
rrburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile

Yes, I'm looking into other formats now. But probably won't happen until early next year though. I hope you enjoy the excerpt. I'll be anxious to hear what you think.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

We're really a friendly group here, and want you to succeed.

It takes a little time, but soon enough you'll find your way around.

Enjoy.
Is it possible to offer samples chapters (in PDF format) for free to members of the community? And, if so, how would I do that?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #9
rrburton
Connoisseur
rrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad
Just a bump to say I enjoyed the sample at amazon and look forward to the balance in the new year. Can't wait to find out what happens
rrburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile

Thanks. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book as much as the sample. I'm looking forward to your reaction.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile

"Roll Over, Hitler!" author, Daniel Bruce Brown, profiled in the Jewish Advocate

Got some nice ink in the Jewish Advocate (the oldest continuously-circulated English-language Jewish newspaper in the United States) on December 17, 2010 -- except for the fact that they made me about a decade older than I really am! Just when I was starting to feel young again, too. Oh, well. Hope you take the time to read the profile:

http://www.thejewishadvocate.com/new...ite_House.html

And perhaps, afterwards, check out the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Roll-Over-Hitl...3642416&sr=8-2

Old 12-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #12
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
You should know that most will only see this:

Westborough novelist puts a Jew in White House
By Elise Kigner Advocate Staff
And the next president of the United States is … Ron Goldberg. A Jew in the White House is the subject of “Roll Over, Hitler!,” the debut novel by Daniel Bruce Brown of Westborough.

The full version of this story is only available to online subscribers.
Non-subscribers may access the Candle Lighting Times and events calendars for free; to access all other content, please subscribe by following the link below.

nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #13
Anteater
Anteater began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Would like to see an epub version if possible in the future A lot of authors (and readers here) use Smashwords. That way, it's compatible with the kobo reader and others.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Would like to see an epub version if possible in the future A lot of authors (and readers here) use Smashwords. That way, it's compatible with the kobo reader and others.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look into that.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #15
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile

Well. it's always nice to hear from readers, particularly when they have something nice to say! I came across this brief review my novel today on Google Books [http://books.google.com/books?id=BRV...esec=reviews]:

"Why didn't anyone come up with this before? Because Daniel B. Brown was the perfect voice for "Roll Over, Hitler!" He's funny, but cuts like a knife with his insight. What happens when a Jew is elected president? You have to find out!!!"