Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #31
rapidblue
Connoisseur
rapidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovare View Post
I ordered Kindle Wi-Fi with the Cover w/light ended up being $282.46 with shipping and duties to Norway. I don't think that's too bad.

I did the sums on my Sony PRS-600 which cost me about $498 with the cover with light and found I turned a profit in less than a year, so I figured I could buy a kindle too even though I love my Sony. Despite being inferior in some ways, I'm looking forward to the prospect of perhaps playing Inform 7 Adventure games on the kindle when the J2ME based API reaches a broader audience and the 1 month battery time and improved screen is enough to sucker me into an impulse buy.
Must admit - yes, there are other good e-readers out there but I'm in love with the Kindle. They have the Amazon store behind them!!! Can't go wrong there hey
rapidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #32
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I pre-ordered it and took first class shipping. No delivery date yet though.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #33
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I pre-ordered it and took first class shipping. No delivery date yet though.
Schweeet!! You'll love it
Old 08-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #34
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Same here for Toronto ... looks like the steel blue cover with embedded desk lamp arrives ahead of the actual Kindle 3.

Note to Jon (jswolfe): is it okay to take the Kindle 3 cover out on the town without the Kindle 3?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:52 AM   #35
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Note to Jon (jswolfe): is it okay to take the Kindle 3 cover out on the town without the Kindle 3?
Ha ha
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 05:56 AM   #36
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
"Order Summary:
Shipping Details : (orders will arrive in 2 shipments)"

I just realized it when I second checked my order today, even thought I did click combine package to save money. I sure hope the cover does not appear without the kindle.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #37
rapidblue
Connoisseur

More than likely our orders will ship together. If not, at least we'll pay the same for shipping (no extra charge for shipping twice)
Old 08-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #38
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
If the cover takes longer to make than the kindle, you will be glad they send it in two shipments.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:21 AM   #39
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
If the cover takes longer to make than the kindle, you will be glad they send it in two shipments.
True, I want each one ASAP!!! Still think they "might" ship together. Think it would be quite expensive for Amazon if they had to ship a few 100 000 units separately and pay double shipping themselves...

Time will tell
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #40
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
They paid double shipments for me for the chargers, which look very lonely in their little boxes.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #41
mrExtreme
mrExtreme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
How about Screen Protector for K3, I forgot to order it. I think Screen Protector is not necessary isn't it. Between which brand do you guy recommend. And I though buying for ebay is more cheaper as I'm from outside America

Last edited by mrExtreme; 08-04-2010 at 09:07 AM.
mrExtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #42
digiridan
Enthusiast
digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Thinkpad Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrExtreme View Post
How about Screen Protector for K3, I forgot to order it. I think Screen Protector is not necessary isn't it. Between which brand do you guy recommend. And I though buying for ebay is more cheaper as I'm from outside America
Topic: Do you use screen protectors?
digiridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #43
mrExtreme
mrExtreme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks dude
mrExtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #44
FourOhFour
HTTP Error
FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidblue View Post
True, I want each one ASAP!!! Still think they "might" ship together. Think it would be quite expensive for Amazon if they had to ship a few 100 000 units separately and pay double shipping themselves...)
I think they will almost certainly ship separately... as I recall, the packaging for the Kindle is the shipping box... the savings from not having to pack kindles probably more than makes up for the postage for two shipments for people who bought a case too.
FourOhFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #45
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFour View Post
I think they will almost certainly ship separately... as I recall, the packaging for the Kindle is the shipping box... the savings from not having to pack kindles probably more than makes up for the postage for two shipments for people who bought a case too.
Could be. But when I ordered my K2i with a case they put both of them into another box and shipped them together...