Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #16
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I think my lowley 16 GB wi-fi ipad is a great ereader. I bought it specifically for that. I don't put music on it. I have a handful of other apps I use, but not much. A bargain for 499.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #17
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
yeah. but if you're just reading text books.. $189 for a basic kindle. $310 in your pocket. that can buy you a lot of books. i didn't bother to read the sun-times' article, but on that headline alone i would think he's just looking to read text.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
Lindajp
Lindajp began at the beginning.

Device: IPAD
I have the IPAD2.... love love love it. I purchased it for ereader and primarily use it for that, but I have grandchildren and on the go can always put on a movie to keep the noise level down at a restaurant or in the car
Lindajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
From one perspective, it’s hands-down the best book reader you can buy.
I don't think so. You can get four Kindles for the price of one iPad.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #20
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Holy thread revival Batman!

As someone who has an iPad, it's okay for reading magazines, graphic novels, reference material/manuals and other such content that don't reflow well (albeit, I would appreciate something more lightweight). For reading novels, though, I really dislike the iPad. The text just isn't as sharp and smooth as on the iPhone 4/iTouch 4G or PRS-350. Another thing, while I find the iPad's weight tolerable when reading graphic novels, it's not really something I'm willing to put up with for text-only fiction which can easily be reflowed, particularly when the text on smaller devices is much clearer.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Holy thread revival Batman!
"Yes, Robin. Thread revival is necessary in order to keep the citizens well informed about the issues."

"Right again, Batman."

Spoiler:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote