Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
pippin65
Enthusiast
pippin65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Unhappy head scratcher...

hi everyone, love my kindle 2 with a few small exceptions. the interface/navigation seems sluggish- although page turning is fine. love the heft, the feeling of quality.
here's my head scratcher...I originally ordered a kindle 1 but then cancelled before it was shipped last year. I did buy a kindle 2 and when I went to my kindle area on the amazon website, my new, and only, kindle is listed as Thomas' 4th kindle... why?
pippin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
KimmyA
KimmyA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I've heard of this happening but can't for the life of me remember how it was resolved. I'll try to do some searching and see if I can find the old topic.

-----I found an old thread where someone had too many listed. They were told to make sure they didn't accidentally order more than one, then call customer support and have them fix it. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Last edited by KimmyA; 02-26-2009 at 09:56 AM.
KimmyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin65 View Post
hi everyone, love my kindle 2 with a few small exceptions. the interface/navigation seems sluggish- although page turning is fine. love the heft, the feeling of quality.
here's my head scratcher...I originally ordered a kindle 1 but then cancelled before it was shipped last year. I did buy a kindle 2 and when I went to my kindle area on the amazon website, my new, and only, kindle is listed as Thomas' 4th kindle... why?
Have you registered it to your name?

To change your Kindles name, this is from the Amazon Kindle support page:

To change your Kindle's name and e-mail address:

1. Locate the desired Kindle in the Your Kindles list and click the "Edit Info" link.
2. Enter a new name and/or e-mail prefix in the Edit Info box.
3. Click the Update information button when finished.

If all else fails, call Kindle support.......they are great at walking people thru problems.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Yeah, I had a similar experience. I had originally ordered a Kindle in December, then changed my mind and canceled the order. I ordered the new K2 two weeks ago. When I visited my "kindle page", I saw that my K2 was registered as Joyce's 2nd Kindle and showed the canceled Kindle as Joyce's Kindle. I just de-registered the 1st one and renamed the "real" Kindle as Joyce-M Kindle. Worked fine and within a day, all my K downloads showed the new name as the right device.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I did buy a kindle 2 and when I went to my kindle area on the amazon website, my new, and only, kindle is listed as Thomas' 4th kindle... why?
That's just the way it works. Did you not cancel 3 previous to this?

Anyway, no worries, you can change the name of the Kindle any time you want.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
pippin65
Enthusiast

thanks to all for the replies! finally have a few days off to "play" with my kindle-- although I have been like a kindle ambassador at work. Some people are like gaga over it and some people are like $359--are you crazy??? funny how nervous I felt watching my co-workers play with it...I was thinking, praying actually-"don't drop it, don't drop it.."
Old 02-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
thanks to all for the replies! finally have a few days off to "play" with my kindle-- although I have been like a kindle ambassador at work. Some people are like gaga over it and some people are like $359--are you crazy??? funny how nervous I felt watching my co-workers play with it...I was thinking, praying actually-"don't drop it, don't drop it.."
May I suggest buying the extended warranty and possibly living longer from reduced stress in your life.

I came back to work from a trip to China one time to find my Ionic Breeze sitting in my chair with a note taped to it saying "Sorry!" Seems my co-workers borrowed it to suck up the dust from the blinds being cleaned at work while I was out and managed to choke it so full of dust it died (the blinds get cleaned once a year whether they need it or not, apparently they needed it that year). I'd bought the Sharper Image extended warranty and they swapped it same day at the store a few blocks from work. Gosh I miss 'em!

When my Kindle 1 croaked during the 1.2 firmware update Amazon advance shipped me a new unit over night (caution: I have Amazon Prime and have bought close to 200 titles). When I got the new unit I visited their site and printed out a pre-printed return label and dropped the old unit into a UPS drop box across the street.

Sharper Image RIP, long live Amazon.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
pippin65
Enthusiast

I am going to bet that I won't need the extended warranty-- plus consumer reports, a group whose opinions I trust, dislikes extended warranties. Funny thing, at work while I was showing off my K2, someone acccidently purchased a book (guernsey)!! Still waiting for a response from Amz