Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #76
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I love the picture of the "Snarl" on the cover. It's awesome!

My favourite font is on the second cover - the one with the lighter blue background.
Having the blue in the background is pretty cool and I like the darker blue on the final sample, but I'm not completely sold on it; the watercolour leaky/splotchy look doesn't do it for me.

I know you're earlier Heart of Rock is complete, but just wanted to mention that I really liked the final one to put together with the grey rock background. I understand why you went for the fun and friendly green background but I much preferred the grey. It looked classy.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #77
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Thanks. (I'm always mildly astonished when people remember who I am...). I've given the Heart of Rock cover to my Dragons and Dreams artist, to see what he can do with it. It means I won't be able to publish it for awhile, but I'm ok with that.

(grump. My Snarls eub doesn't validate and I don't know how to fix the errors.)

ETA: my daughter the artist drew the snarl for me.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 06-12-2013 at 11:16 AM.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #78
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I like the second one too....if you want silly yet scary maybe show a little tangle cowering in a corned under a bed or sheet or something? Or a comb and brush (with a badge or net) chasing the snarl.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #79
Andy Farman
Connoisseur
Andy Farman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
for a fairy tale about gargoyles. The Heart of Rock is the magic amulet that gives the gargoyles life; it's a small red sandstone rock. Keith Draws is doing the cover for me.

Mostly I like it; I'm not sure about my name being in stark white though.
It does not stand out particularly well if you imagine a shelf in a book store, at least that is my opinion.
Andy Farman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #80
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I"m having another artist re-do the cover; he seems to understand better what I want.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert