Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Exclamation Caution - Browser clear all is an illusion

I was checking books in the store when my kindle fire locked up. I held down the power button long enough to power down the device. I went to the browser and noticed the recently cleared history was returning. Considering the locked status I cleared history and then powered down the device again. After restarting I went back to my browser and the history was reloading again. By the way I have my browser set not to use amazon's cache for browsing. When we delete a book it just shows up in the cloud. It appears they are treating history clear in a similar fashion. There should be a permanently delete option.

This means they have our browsing history even when the browser isn't cached with the amazon cloud.

Last edited by timezone; 12-04-2011 at 08:49 AM.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
I was checking books in the store when my kindle fire locked up. I held down the power button long enough to power down the device. I went to the browser and noticed the recently cleared history was returning. Considering the locked status I cleared history and then powered down the device again. After restarting I went back to my browser and the history was reloading again. By the way I have my browser set not to use amazon's cache for browsing. When we delete a book it just shows up in the cloud. It appears they are treating history clear in a similar fashion. There should be a permanently delete option.

This means they have our browsing history even when the browser isn't cached with the amazon cloud.
You could clear the data from the browser that would put it back to default. You will loose bookmarks, cookies, save passwords...etc and anything on the start page though.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Clearing back to default works but still keeps "today's" list. I didn't mind returning to the default status because I have lightly used this browser. This is not a good option for heavy users. Not to mention most people expect clear history to mean delete and not just temporarily remove from view.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
timezone
Addict

May change my mind. It does look like the bookmarks were kept.