Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Anstance Tamplin
Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
ePub version now available of My Phantom:The Memoir of Christine Daaé

Straight Up Press has just released an ePub version of My Phantom:The Memoir of Christine Daaé at Lulu and priced it at $3.99, the same price as the Kindle version.

Here's the link they sent: http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/my...C3%A9/10287600.
There is a preview of the first chapter available as well. You can also explore the book at www.MyPhantomTheMemoir.com.

Straight Up Press is in discussions with other online retailers, including iBookstore and Kobo, and hopes to make the novel available more widely. However, some retailers are reluctant to accept books from small publishers, requiring a minimum of five or ten titles, often by a variety of authors.

If you have suggestions of online retailers who might be open to selling the novel, please let me know.

Anstance Tamplin

Anstance Tamplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations on your ePub version, Anstance.

Quote:
If you have suggestions of online retailers who might be open to selling the novel, please let me know.
Have you looked into publishing on smashwords? Here are a couple of links to check out that may answer your question....
How to Publish on Smashwords!
and
How Smashwords Distributes Ebooks
(and how to get fast tracked into the Smashwords Premium Catalog)
(Smashwords distributes Premium Catalog ebooks to major online retailers. The first outlets to receive the Smashwords Premium Catalog are Barnes & Noble, Sony and Kobo. Apple is immindent. Amazon is forthcoming.)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:56 AM   #3
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Yup, I agree with dreams - Smashwords is worth checking out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
(Smashwords distributes Premium Catalog ebooks to major online retailers. The first outlets to receive the Smashwords Premium Catalog are Barnes & Noble, Sony and Kobo. Apple is immindent. Amazon is forthcoming.)
So far, Smashwords has ironed out bugs and made the vast majority of its premium catalog available through B&N and Apple. Sony and Kobo seem to be having some teething problems, and Amazon has some additional formatting requirements, I think.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
So far, Smashwords has ironed out bugs ... Amazon has some additional formatting requirements, I think.
I would not be surprised that it's the lack of formatting retained and stripping of the pictures from the mobi versions that is part of the issue (the mobi version often looks the worst or is "lesser" compared to the others, which would make the Kindle version cost the same, but be the worst choice in a comparison). Also, they no doubt need to override price in the event it is set to zero, need information on which countries the publication rights are valid and some assurance that Smashwords has done the research they are now doing, make sure that nothing posted violates the copyright holder's rights (which no other company does and I believe was a major mistake on Amazon's part).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Anstance Tamplin
Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks to all for your suggestions of other eBooksellers who might put My Phantom: The Memoir of Christine Daaé on their shelves. For some reason, Straight Up Press hasn't followed up with Smashwords, but they've lined up a few other stores, as per my new post.

Anstance Tamplin
Anstance@MyPhantomTheMemoir.com
Anstance Tamplin is offline   Reply With Quote