Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Talking "Bizarre" Tastes/Cravings?

This was inspired by a DG's sandwich threads from a few days back: Basically what are some things you have or continue to crave that most others might turn their nose to... or even think of calling the nice men with the fancy jacket to take you away? It can be an odd combination of ingredients. A certain way of preparing things. Whatever.

I should probably add the qualifier "while not pregnant".

--

Some of mine include:

Crushed tortilla chips on a chili dog.

Instant oriental-flavor ramen with the water mostly drained before adding the flavor packet (so that it's more of a pasta dish than a soup) and pepper jack cheese melted in.

"'Extra Crispy' Bacon" - This is actually a craving that sort of runs in my family. It was something my grandfather loved, and now my mother and I also prefer our strips of pig nice and burnt.

A two parts mayo to one part dijon mustard dip for my french fries (and sometimes fish).
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
This was inspired by a DG's sandwich threads from a few days back: Basically what are some things you have or continue to crave that most others might turn their nose to... or even think of calling the nice men with the fancy jacket to take you away? It can be an odd combination of ingredients. A certain way of preparing things. Whatever.

I should probably add the qualifier "while not pregnant".

--

Some of mine include:

Crushed tortilla chips on a chili dog.

Instant oriental-flavor ramen with the water mostly drained before adding the flavor packet (so that it's more of a pasta dish than a soup) and pepper jack cheese melted in.

"'Extra Crispy' Bacon" - This is actually a craving that sort of runs in my family. It was something my grandfather loved, and now my mother and I also prefer our strips of pig nice and burnt.

A two parts mayo to one part dijon mustard dip for my french fries (and sometimes fish).
That mayo/dijon mustard dip sounds good - I'm going to try that.

Not sure if this counts, but I make what has always been called in my family Chinese Rice - it's basically minced meat, rice, peppers, garlic and onion fried up and then popped in the oven with a cheese topping (must be garnished with Worcestershire sauce before eating). Not unusual, I know, but I always make enough for two nights and vastly prefer it the second night, reheated, when it's a little bit stale and crunchy round the edges. I've always said that when I win the lottery I'll employ a servant whose sole job is to eat the Chinese Rice the first night so that I can just have it the second!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Marmite and golden syrup sandwiches. Nice sweet and sour combination.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
My tastes run sour and bitter rather than sweet, therefore some favourites are:WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 07-05-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:34 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Marmite and golden syrup sandwiches. Nice sweet and sour combination.
That's a neat one!

(I don't have any golden syrup - I'm gonna try it later with Marmite and strawberry jam.)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #6
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
That's a neat one!

(I don't have any golden syrup - I'm gonna try it later with Marmite and strawberry jam.)
That should work. Honey also makes a great alternative!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food