Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
The Tumbledrier of Doom - a Hugo & Lefty Adventure

OK - before I start, I know Hugo and Lefty stories are traditionally short and sweet, and usually placed in other threads rather than given their own. But this one ran away with me (which might also answer the question "why is it taking her so beeping long to write a Hugo & Lefty story?!").

The story is written and complete, but just because I can, I'm going to post it in installments

Many thanks to LazyScot for the title and the opening

I should warn you that this is an adventure/horror story. Readers of a nervous disposition may want a ZCP before hand.

It's dark. Very dark. And humid.

Lefty: Hugo, why is it so hot and everything rolling around?

Hugo: (waking up and trying to shake off the effects of one of Marc's experimental ZCDs) We were at one of Marc's parties, remember?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
JOY !!!!!!

even though it's a horror story and i will probably need several ZCDs to get through it, i still can't wait to read it all !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Are you accusing Hugo and Lefty of being all washed up????
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
These stories are so much more fun to read (and write!) than those English composition things we had to do for grades when we were kids.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
These stories are so much more fun to read (and write!) than those English composition things we had to do for grades when we were kids.....
Oh definitely! Any time I tried to write a slightly off beat composition, I'd get comments back like "good imagination but unrealistic" Although thankfully I had a bit more leeway with one of my teachers.
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
More Please.

How humid? Mere tropical, or full blown Alabama? That's important, because this humidity does strange things to people.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
More Please.

How humid? Mere tropical, or full blown Alabama? That's important, because this humidity does strange things to people.
Very humid. The sort of humid where you are breathing in the water and can't sweat the heat out because it's just too damp.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Very humid. The sort of humid where you are breathing in the water and can't sweat the heat out because it's just too damp.
That's my favorite kind of humidity. When's the next installment?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
That's my favorite kind of humidity. When's the next installment?
If Alabama's like that, remind me never to visit - England can be too humid for me at times!!!

And, soon maybe?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

OK - seeing as the first section was so short, and that I might not be around much tomorrow to post the next...

<flashback>

The room is, was or will be heaving. A gibbon watches the procedings with a glint in his eye, which may be mischeviousness, or may just be a reflection from the disco ball. Marc is simultaneously preparing the next batches of ZCs, ZCDs and ZCPs and keeping up a steady flow of banter. A small flock of llamas wander past, looking for some grass. In a side room, a small group of dogs play "hunt the bacon". And from time to time there is a whooshing noise as another guest portals in.

Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm; 05-08-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!

Are they partying atop a volcano?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Are they partying atop a volcano?
Not this time
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hm, all that sounds very familiar... was / am / will i be at this party ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #14
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, all that sounds very familiar... was / am / will i be at this party ?
You were definitely still at the party
Old 05-09-2009, 04:57 AM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

I should warn you that this is an adventure/horror story. Readers of a nervous disposition may want a ZCP before hand.
If I'm a reader of nervous disposition and I've already been imbibing profusely before I read this bit, do I stop?

Quote:
A gibbon watches the procedings with a glint in his eye, which may be mischeviousness, or may just be a reflection from the disco ball.
Ah, I bet that's Adrian. That's Adrian, isn't it? It sounds like Adrian. Is it Adrian? Don't tell me, I know it's Adrian! Isn't it? It is Adrian! Right? Maybe? Where's my banana daiquiri?! ADRIAN!

Cheers,
A small, blue hummingbird sipping a sweet-sweet chai latte from a glass fedora
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote