Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: "Peaceful" or "Lonesome"?
I could live without people and outside noises easily. I enjoy silence. 15 29.41%
I enjoy being alone, but need something, music, etc in the background to connect to. 10 19.61%
I get nervous when I'm all by myself. Give me humanity and noise! 2 3.92%
Small periods of solitude are okay, but only occasionally. 0 0%
I need something else in my home, even a blue fish would do...... 1 1.96%
I really prefer just being with my mate, or family, and can do without the rest. 3 5.88%
You forgot.......(Please post your issue) 3 5.88%
I'm neither one nor the other. I need my friends AND time alone 17 33.33%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #61
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal;

The thing is this: I don't want to scare you.

Too late!
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
That's what my friends say about me, although they word it differently, they say "You never grew up, did you?" And I take it as the biggest compliment I could ever get.
i'm younger now than i ever was as a child. it takes a lot of growing up sometimes to get to be young. and i agree, it's definitely a compliment.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #63
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm younger now than i ever was as a child. it takes a lot of growing up sometimes to get to be young. and i agree, it's definitely a compliment.
I let my good friends, The Ramones, give my opinion on being an adult

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #64
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i love the ramones. great song !! you know it's originally a tom waits song, right ?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #65
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i love the ramones. great song !! you know it's originally a tom waits song, right ?
I always though it was the other way around, and Tom covered the Ramones song? I'll be glad to be corrected though, because the Tom version is just as good, if not better PS. I heard the Ramones versions first, so that's maybe why I'm confused (I used to be a punk, with the mohican and everything )
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #66
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I always though it was the other way around, and Tom covered the Ramones song? I'll be glad to be corrected though, because the Tom version is just as good, if not better PS. I heard the Ramones versions first, so that's maybe why I'm confused (I used to be a punk, with the mohican and everything )
i'm pretty sure tom wrote it with kathleen brennan. but then (much as i love the ramones) tom waits is my hero, so it's possible i'm attributing it to him incorrectly...

(all my best friends used to be punks. with the mohican and everything. )
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #67
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
we are always alone inside ourselves, ok, some have multiple people inside themselves, even with someone you love you are still alone
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #68
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
we are always alone inside ourselves, ok, some have multiple people inside themselves, even with someone you love you are still alone
Never!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #69
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post

nope, when one is with one's loved ones, one is in heaven delight ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #70
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
After living for 57 years in the San Francisco Bay area with 7 million extroverts I moved to the Sierra Foothills into a town of 4,000 people mostly introverts and am now happy every day.

I voted enjoying being alone, but need something in the background.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #71
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I'm one of those 50/50 people. I love to be in a crowd and having people to talk to. I'm one of those annoying people who will talk to other people in my line at the grocery store, amusement park, etc., much to the angst of my very introverted husband. I've also been told I have a very approachable aura. No matter where I am, people feel comfortable enough to come up to me and ask for directions, information, whatever. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my family and hate going anywhere alone, whether it's to the mall, the park, wherever. I am constantly dragging my kids to the grocery store! The funny thing is, I am basically a shy person, although, when I tell people that, they laugh.

On the other hand, I also love the time I spend alone at home when everyone else is at school or work. I have time to get my chores completed, read, work on my crafts, or do a little gardening. No one is asking me where anything is, asking them to do them a favor, etc. If I could only do something about those pesky tele-marketers!

Sticking with the Astrology theme, maybe it's because I'm a Gemini, split personality and all that!
Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #72
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Excellent point. Even so, you can get 'hooked' on internet interaction and it can be every bit as irritating as outside stimuli.
The "speed" of interaction depends a lot on how in control you are of your personal emotions when your buttons are pushed. The big difference is that you can't reach out and smack someone online........I'm just sayin......
Yeees... Maybe it's just me, but perhaps 'introverts' are a bit more controlled in their emotional reactions and thus in general would be more in control over interaction? I know I am an analytical, thinking type. I have to think a situation through to figure out what I feel. Especially if it's a negative feeling, it often takes me up to several days to figure out what I feel, and why, and what to do about it. And I forget to tell other people, too, about what I feel and what is going on emotionally, so I'm afraid they often find me rather aloof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
And that is what it's like to be a raving extrovert. Come on over and join me - drinks are in the cooler, so help yourself.
Thanks Just hope you don't think I didn't enjoy myself if I leave early.

And don't worry {hugs} without you and others like you, the rest of us wouldn't meet that many new people
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #73
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Too late!
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Yeees... Maybe it's just me, but perhaps 'introverts' are a bit more controlled in their emotional reactions and thus in general would be more in control over interaction? I know I am an analytical, thinking type. I have to think a situation through to figure out what I feel. Especially if it's a negative feeling, it often takes me up to several days to figure out what I feel, and why, and what to do about it. And I forget to tell other people, too, about what I feel and what is going on emotionally, so I'm afraid they often find me rather aloof.

I wish I could cultivate some of that control. Anything I feel is written right there on my face, and it is all blabbed out indiscrimanently to the crowd in general. I've often wished that I could be like that, to keep personal thoughts personal. It sometimes seems like people's estimation of my intelligence is lowered by my nonstop chatter. Or maybe corrected downward is the correct term?

Thanks Just hope you don't think I didn't enjoy myself if I leave early.

No prob, after you left, we took a vote. The next get-together will be at your house!

And don't worry {hugs} without you and others like you, the rest of us wouldn't meet that many new people
We are out here waiting for our next friend with open arms!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #74
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
We are out here waiting for our next friend with open arms![/QUOTE]

some of us don't have arms long enough to reach .... boo hoo ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #75
DixieGal
Hi There!

There's still only my 1 vote for crushing noise and humanity. Where are my people? We know they aren't shy, so that isn't the problem.