Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #406
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Even did not realise this mistake while translating ... ge should be fine, check if I did it in the correct sequence. BTW, is ge updated with the three words?

Are these files on transifex now as well?

Last edited by diba; 08-03-2012 at 02:22 AM.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #407
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@diba: yes, yes, and yes. You actually fixed the translation already while translating. So strictly speaking, the translation was incorrect with regard to the (incorrect) source string, but correct with regard to the meaning
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 AM   #408
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

I will polish up the margins translation later, inconsistent for the margins on e-books ...
Old 08-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #409
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
is it possible to have hyphenation support for Turkish as well? I see that there is a tr.xml in the patch folder but it doesn't work. Justification works great for my English books but it makes Turkish books even worse since we have long words in Turkish (long spaces between words, etc)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #410
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what does the log file say?
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #411
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
what does the log file say?
I couldn't find the log fie itself. but here is the screenshoot.
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-08-03T11_30_56-0000.gif
Views:	488
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	90085

also a screenshot from a Turkish book with patch enabled.

Name:	screenshot_2012-08-03T11_19_50-0000.gif
Views:	433
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	90086
Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #412
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I couldn't find the log fie itself. but here is the screenshoot.
Attachment 90085

also a screenshot from a Turkish book with patch enabled.
Attachment 90086
Hmm... that looks correct so far. Maybe the turkish hyphenation rules are screwed up. Sorry, but I think that there's nothing I can do
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #413
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Hmm... that looks correct so far. Maybe the turkish hyphenation rules are screwed up. Sorry, but I think that there's nothing I can do
is it possible to disable the patch for Turkish books only?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #414
ixtab
(offline)

You could give this a try: make a backup of the tr.xml and copy the en.xml to tr.xml. Check whether this does anything.

No, it's not possible to disable for single languages...
Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #415
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
You could give this a try: make a backup of the tr.xml and copy the en.xml to tr.xml. Check whether this does anything.
it made some hyphenation. I suppose I need a correct hypen rules file then

Name:	screenshot_2012-08-03T11_59_43-0000.gif
Views:	285
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	90090 Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-08-03T12_16_06-0000.gif
Views:	269
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	90091

Last edited by thomass; 08-03-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #416
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
umm..ixtab,do you have any idea when you will release the book covers patch.it looked really cool and i really want it and am waiting for it
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #417
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
umm..ixtab,do you have any idea when you will release the book covers patch.it looked really cool and i really want it and am waiting for it
You do realize that this is quite rude behavior, right?

Not even taking the minimum care to post correct sentences (yes, that includes punctuation, and starting sentences with a capital letter), yet trying to put pressure on other people by demanding that they work faster on something that you get for free. I personally find this totally disrespectful.

It will be ready when it will be ready.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #418
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Oh yeah,sorry for that.i am not pressurizing you.i was just getting the when-will-i-have-it-oh-i-am-damn-excited kind of impatient.i was just asking that by what time do you think you will be able to complete it.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #419
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
You do realize that this is quite rude behavior, right?
That undesirable posting behavior was pointed out to him in multiple threads. You did notice that his karma jumped from 10 to 666 some time ago, and froze there, right?

Nobody changed it since then either. Perhaps it will just stay there until somebody notices a positive behavior change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

EDIT: Personally, I would like to see a significant positive (value added) contribution by techiemonkey, so I can bump his karma to 2600.

EDIT2: I see that somebody gave techiemonkey some karma after this post, so he has a nicer number now. Let's see a post that adds significant value to the kindle hacking community so we can change that to 2600.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #420
diba
Addict

deleted

Last edited by diba; 08-03-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks