Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
RobynC
RobynC began at the beginning.

Device: Pico Life W961
Disappearing book list on Pico Life W961

I have recently been given my first e-book reader, and have been happily downloading files, and managing them using Calibre (great program!), and sending them to the reader - up until yesterday, all good!

My reader has two ways of accessing the ebooks, one through the "Book" list (which list books by their titles, alphabetically), and one through the "File Explorer" list (which list books by author, alphabetically). Because I am such a complete neophyte at this, I must have messed it up, because suddenly, when I try to access though the "Book" list, a dialogue box comes up with the message "No files". However, the files are still on the device, as I can access them through the "File Explorer" option.

I will try emailing the tech support for the device supposedly available through Mint, but from what I've read on this forum, they may not be particularly helpful. Does anyone have any ideas on what might have happened and how I might remedy the situation?

I have tried deleting the files from the device and re-loading them, but that hasn't worked. It's not a huge issue, because I can still read them, but I'm one of those people who likes everything to be working exactly as it is supposed to (I'm a Virgo, I can't help it!) I've been fiddling around trying various things, and I have found that if I go into the Removable Disk E Drive: and select a file, send it back to E Drive, then a few seemingly random titles will appear in the "Book" list, but it's only a small proportion of the files on there. I'm also wondering whether this may have happened because I deleted a file directly from the E: drive, rather than through Calibre. I promise never, ever to do this again, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to restore the list, I would be very grateful.

BTW, I'm not very tech-savvy, so if there are any suggestions, could you please write them at an "Ebooks for Dummies" kind of level?

Last edited by RobynC; 09-11-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Typo
RobynC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
RobynC

It's okay - I fixed it! Thanks anyway.
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
How did you fix it?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:14 AM   #4
RobynC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
How did you fix it?
I spoke too soon...it obviously wasn't the final answer to the problem, because although I retrieved the book list once, the next time I downloaded and added some new books to the device, the book list disappeared again. Now, no matter what I try, I can't seem to get anything at all back on the list.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
Cheers