Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
"Groupie?"

Holy moley, how did I earn the designation under my user name of "Groupie?"

I can't think of anything that is further from me than that!

Gah! How do I go up or down a notch to get rid of that appellation?

Last edited by Nate the great; 12-30-2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: threads merged
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
First I moved the thread to the Lounge rather than under Sony Reader. It fits better here.

Second, click on "User CP" in the top left of the screen (in the white on blue menu bar.) In the left hand column under Control Panel, click on "Edit Profile" Find the area for "Custom User Title" and type in what you want it to be.

Groupie? Yeah, I know, you're with the band.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

"Groupie"????

I thought I posted this the other day, but can't find it, so may have hit the wrong button or it went into Never-Never Land (or Cyber-Cyber Land).

Anyhoo, I see now the tag under my user name is "Groupie." How in the world are these selected? I can't think of any appellation less fitted to me, as I am as far from being a groupie for anything as I can imagine.

How can I get promoted, or demoted, a notch to get rid of that misnomer? Seriously, are these picked by somebody, or is there some random-selection code that does this?
Old 12-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I found your other post real easy.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18184
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Thanks. That's odd, did a seaarch by topic and userename and did not find it.

MOD: can you remove one? Sorry about dat.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I clicked on your username, and selected "Find More Posts".
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #7
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Second, click on "User CP" in the top left of the screen (in the white on blue menu bar.) In the left hand column under Control Panel, click on "Edit Profile" Find the area for "Custom User Title" and type in what you want it to be.
Thanks, I never noticed that box in the control panel.

After contemplating several ideas (Emperor, Genius, modest-fella, octogenarian, weirdo, etc) I picked one more suited to me, "desertrat."
Old 12-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Thanks, I never noticed that box in the control panel.

After contemplating several ideas (Emperor, Genius, modest-fella, octogenarian, weirdo, etc) I picked one more suited to me, "desertrat."
Default titles depend on your total number of posts. You can, as you've discovered, set your own preferred title.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Boy, you are certainly uncomfortable with the concept of being labeled a "groupie!" On the other hand, you used your first name as part of your handle, and that might mean that you feel a little more exposed to the cruel internet world. Still, the strong reaction to something like this might indicate an ingrained, possibly contrived, sense of personal identity, which is something you will need to get rid of if you ever want to become the best snowboarder on the mountain.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote