Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #2926
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Random House Audio freebie: Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell.

Requires newsletter sign-up and, based on past offers, probably requires a Facebook account. The blurb says the offer ends September 30, 2014 at 10:59 AM ET, but I suspect they meant to say August 30.
Thanks for the heads up. You suspected right, it's only a 24 hour deal.

Quote:
Random House Audiobooks Hi Everyone! Please note that this free giveaway is only for 24 hours and ends Aug 30th at 10:59 AM ET.

edit

Since this offer required a Facebook account, I finally decided to create one; but what a pain. First I had to create a fake email address to use for my fake Facebook account. Now that they're both set up, I can take advantage of these offers from here on out.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-29-2014 at 09:48 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:04 AM   #2927
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for the heads up. You suspected right, it's only a 24 hour deal.
edit
Since this offer required a Facebook account, I finally decided to create one; but what a pain. First I had to create a fake email address to use for my fake Facebook account. Now that they're both set up, I can take advantage of these offers from here on out.
Unless they send you fake offers.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2014, 12:19 AM   #2928
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Last Minute Offer -- exp Fri 29 Aug at 11:59pm PT

Free Coupon for Two Months of Audiobooks from Audible
  • Claim Offer by 29 Aug 2014
  • Redeem Offer by 12 Sep 2014
Sorry for the very short notice on this offer, but I just discovered it at Amazon Local. I scan it frequently looking for book offers and it wasn't there. Today, I scanned it while signed out of Amazon and it was there. Evidently, Amazon filters out offers you're not eligible for (and I'm not eligible for this offer). In the future, I plan to scan it while signed out.
It's for new members only, again.

It was literally less than 2 minutes before midnight EST when I saw your post. I didn't have time to read to see if the end was EST, PST, or something else. I hurriedly followed the link and, for some reason, Audible let me sign up, even though I am a member (ListenerLight). There were just seconds to spare. I felt so proud of myself for catching the offer before it expired! Then, I saw the "new members" only condition ....

The confirmation page said that Audible would send me a confirmation by email, also. It will be interesting to see if they catch their boo-boo. If they do, I'm going to cancel, right away, for ethical reasons mainly. Too, it looked like one of these "if you don't cancel by such-and-such date, we'll charge your credit card for $_________" deals. I just signed up for a month of Amazon Prime on that basis and one monkey on my back is enough (I've got to remember to cancel that before Sept. 22. Arrghh!).
Old 08-30-2014, 12:36 AM   #2929
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
It's for new members only, again.

It was literally less than 2 minutes before midnight EST when I saw your post. I didn't have time to read to see if the end was EST, PST, or something else. I hurriedly followed the link and, for some reason, Audible let me sign up, even though I am a member (ListenerLight). There were just seconds to spare. I felt so proud of myself for catching the offer before it expired! Then, I saw the "new members" only condition ....

The confirmation page said that Audible would send me a confirmation by email, also. It will be interesting to see if they catch their boo-boo. If they do, I'm going to cancel, right away, for ethical reasons mainly. Too, it looked like one of these "if you don't cancel by such-and-such date, we'll charge your credit card for $_________" deals. I just signed up for a month of Amazon Prime on that basis and one monkey on my back is enough (I've got to remember to cancel that before Sept. 22. Arrghh!).
It's PT and there's still 2.5 hours left to claim a coupon. You then have until 12 Sep to redeem that coupon. These offers always say for new members only, yet Audible still lets some current non-credit and former members sign up. You just don't know until you try. Also, you have to cancel before the trial period is up or you will be charged.

Question for you. Did you actually go to Audible and enter a coupon code? These Amazon Local offers involve two steps. The first one is to claim the coupon; and anyone can claim it, even people who don't qualify. The second step is to redeem that coupon at Audible which involves entering your coupon code. This step determines your eligibility.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:41 AM   #2930
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Unless they send you fake offers.
...egads, since I used fake to get the book, maybe they sent me a fake dolphin book. I'll end up listening to several episodes of that 60's show, Flipper
Advert
Old 08-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #2931
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It's PT and there's still 2.5 hours left to claim a coupon. You then have until 12 Sep to redeem that coupon. These offers always say for new members only, yet Audible still lets some current non-credit and former members sign up. You just don't know until you try. Also, you have to cancel before the trial period is up or you will be charged.

Question for you. Did you actually go to Audible and enter a coupon code? These Amazon Local offers involve two steps. The first one is to claim the coupon; and anyone can claim it, even people who don't qualify. The second step is to redeem that coupon at Audible which involves entering your coupon code. This step determines your eligibility.
Thanks for the information. What you said may very well explain how I was able to do it.

Yes, after I rushed to accept the offer before midnight EST, I noticed that the cut-off time was midnight PST. I could have procrastinated another 4 hours! What a waste! ha

No, I haven't entered the coupon code at Audible yet. I noticed that I got the confirmation in an email, though. It's way too late at night now, so I'll have to look at it tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Maybe I could hang on to the trial membership until the two months is over. Those two free audiobooks sound awfully tempting . . . .
Old 08-30-2014, 03:49 AM   #2932
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
...egads, since I used fake to get the book, maybe they sent me a fake dolphin book. I'll end up listening to several episodes of that 60's show, Flipper
Ack! Now I've got that theme song for Flipper running through my head! I'll never get to sleep!

If they send you a fake dolphin book, I'm sure that they wouldn't have done it on porpoise.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:58 AM   #2933
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Ack! Now I've got that theme song for Flipper running through my head! I'll never get to sleep!
In case you forget when you wake up

Quote:
If they send you a fake dolphin book, I'm sure that they wouldn't have done it on porpoise.
groan
Old 08-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #2934
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Announcement

Now that we have a dedicated forum for audiobooks, I plan to thin out the opening post of this thread so that it only contains current offers. Other audio related topics that were included in this thread will be moved to the Audiobook Discussions forum.

From here on out, please limit discussions in this thread to current offers only - thanks

Topics to be moved will include:
  • Whispersync for Voice
  • Kindle Unlimited w/ Narration
  • Public Library Audiobooks
  • Public Domain Audiobooks
  • Audiobook Memberships
  • Audio Dramas
Old 08-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #2935
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Now that we have a dedicated forum for audiobooks, I plan to thin out the opening post of this thread so that it only contains current offers. Other audio related topics that were included in this thread will be moved to the Audiobook Discussions forum.

From here on out, please limit discussions in this thread to current offers only - thanks

Topics to be moved will include:
  • Whispersync for Voice
  • Kindle Unlimited w/ Narration
  • Public Library Audiobooks
  • Public Domain Audiobooks
  • Audiobook Memberships
  • Audio Dramas
Awesome!! I just came here to post something while thinking at the back of my mind that it should be in its own separate thread, and I see this announcement. So psyched about this!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #2936
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Awesome!! I just came here to post something while thinking at the back of my mind that it should be in its own separate thread, and I see this announcement. So psyched about this!
Keep in mind that the new audiobook forum has two sub-forums; so post accordingly.

Everything Audiobooks

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-31-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #2937
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Okay will this thread have the specials or free audio books?
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #2938
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Okay will this thread have the specials or free audio books?
Both - anything to do with discounts.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #2939
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
okay thanks just wanted to make sure I was following the right thread.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:04 AM   #2940
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
okay thanks just wanted to make sure I was following the right thread.
YW