Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 02-23-2024, 02:54 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
There's also OpenAudible. It's similar to Libation, but more user friendly.

https://openaudible.org
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 02:05 PM   #17
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
I really like OpenAudible for downloading, converting, and splitting, but I don’t like it for organization. For organizational purposes
I’ve been self-hosting my audiobooks via Audiobookshelf, ABS, on my always on M3 iMac. I like doing this because I also have audiobooks from other sources like Kickstarter, Humble Bundle, and Podiobooks from back when Podiobooks was a thing.

For me ABS is Calibre for audiobooks. It’s not for everyone and setting up Docker can be difficult if you’ve never done it before. ABS’ Discord server walked me through how to set up Docker. It was easy once I had a better understanding of how Docker works.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 03:26 PM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Question relating to organizing audiobooks.

I chapterize my mp3 files and tag them using Mp3tag. In File Explorer, the book folders are subfolders of author folders. If I search for a genre tag, File Explorer will return a list of individual files, which is unwieldy; I'd like to be able to see a list of the folders, which means I want to be able to tag the folders. (Zipping the folder doesn't work.)

Apparently this was possible in Windows 10, but I'm using Windows 11. I've seen a free program called Intag, but I'm a little leery of trying it because of some of the caveats, and my own limited computer smarts.

If anyone has used Intag and/or has a suggestion for another way to accomplish this, please help!

Note: I don't want to use Calibre because it would entail a lot of extra work as Calibre doesn't read any of my existing tags, covers, etc., and I like my own system better anyway.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:08 PM   #19
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I'm not much a collector of audiobooks, but I found Intag very interesting, thanks. There's some documentation here: https://github.com/Jamminroot/intag. I wish i had read this remark on Softpedia before installing it:

Despite the app’s quick setup experience, users need to bear in mind that the executable needs to be placed in a dedicated program folder on first boot, since its context menu trigger will look for it in its initial location.

On first use I added test tags to some windows folder, then I searched for tags:test, and it worked fine on Windows 10. There's also some insteresting information here on tagging files on Windows: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-search-tags/

Have you tried foobar? I use the latest 32 bit preview version just for music, but some folks like to use it for audiobooks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/...to_audiobooks/

(i have this component installed, and if it weren't for its existence, I would still be using winamp nowadays, as it's been recently revived)
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:20 PM   #20
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I'm not much a collector of audiobooks, but I found Intag very interesting, thanks. There's some documentation here: https://github.com/Jamminroot/intag. I wish i had read this remark on Softpedia before installing it:

Despite the app’s quick setup experience, users need to bear in mind that the executable needs to be placed in a dedicated program folder on first boot, since its context menu trigger will look for it in its initial location.

On first use I added test tags to some windows folder, then I searched for tags:test, and it worked fine on Windows 10. There's also some insteresting information here on tagging files on Windows: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-search-tags/

Have you tried foobar? I use the latest 32 bit preview version just for music, but some folks like to use it for audiobooks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/...to_audiobooks/

(i have this component installed, and if it weren't for its existence, I would still be using winamp nowadays, as it's been recently revived)
Thanks. I did initially read (or at least tried to read!) the Intag documentation at Jamminroot, which was why I went to Softpedia, where it made more sense!I may try it on a secondary computer.

As mentioned, I tag files with Mp3tag, which File Explorer picks up and reads just fine.

I glanced quickly at Foobar, but a player app isn't what I'm after--I'm happy using a simple mp3 player.

I appreciate your response.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 08:05 AM   #21
therealTOEBEANS
therealTOEBEANS began at the beginning.

Device: Android - KOReader - S22 Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I use Libation to convert the Audible books to m4b and archive them in folders by author/series/book.
I've done this for a while, works great! I'll never forget the first time I did this in high school, haha.
therealTOEBEANS is offline   Reply With Quote