Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-18-2016, 11:13 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
You know what I miss?

I miss Atom Films. I don't mean the latter day Atom Films that turned to an all-comedy format shortly before being acquired by Comedy Central, I mean the old Atom Films that featured short indie films from every genre under the sun. Sure, some were fails, but others were pure gems. I remember one in particular where the lover of a blind man's wife shows up in his apartment, says nothing, but messes with his stereo and a few other odds and ends and has the wife practically in a panic for fear that her lover's shenanigans will cause him to discover the intruder. She finally can take no more and goes shopping, leaving her lover behind with her husband. The man continues to play silent pranks upon the husband until at least the husband reaches out suddenly and grabs the man, yelling, "Got you!" The two then kiss, and we realize at that point that it's the woman who is really being played. Atom films was the best.

What do you miss?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:21 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
You know what I miss?

I just remembered another great short from Atom Films. A woman bumps into a man on a subway, and the man begins to stare at her. When she gets off the subway, he follows her. She walks up the stairs, he walks up the stairs. She leaves the building, he leaves the building. She begins to run, he begins to run. Try as she might, she can't outrun him and he finally tackles her and pins her beneath him. He then reaches into her pants and pulls out his wallet, puts it in his own pocket, gets up, and walks away. As he's leaving, she says, "You can't blame a girl for trying."

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-19-2016 at 03:52 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:20 AM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Hmm. I had never heard of Atom Films before. Had to go off to Wikipedia.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:28 AM   #4
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
Those sound great. I wonder if they're on YouTube?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #5
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
... "You can't blame a girl for trying."
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:38 AM   #6
bookies
bookies began at the beginning.

Device: The Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydmalicious View Post
Those sound great. I wonder if they're on YouTube?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4w...rndUO_U0eFL09x
?
Don't want to miss any Brett Eldredge concert? Check Brett Eldredge tour dates and be sure to get a ticket!

Last edited by bookies; 06-16-2016 at 09:14 AM.
bookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:59 AM   #7
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookies View Post

The Atom Films shorts. Wonder if they're on YouTube?
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote