Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Historical Documents on your ebook reader

I know this is an international board and I promise, I'm not trying to be disrespectful of people in other parts of the world.

Tomorrow is Independence Day in the U.S. Today the Kindle Reader has a list of historical documents you can download onto your ebook reader from Manybooks.net.

I just get a kick out of the idea of walking around with a copy of the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights on my Kindle (who knows when I may end up in a Law & Order episode).

If you are so inclined, check it out.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Never know when these could come in handy
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
All of those and more are available in Harvard Classics Volume 43.

Available for the Sony in LRF format; Kindle, Gen3, and other Mobi/PRC devices; and IMP for the eBookwise 1150 and the REB1200.

[end of shameless plug]
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
All of those and more are available in Harvard Classics Volume 43.

Available for the Sony in LRF format; Kindle, Gen3, and other Mobi/PRC devices; and IMP for the eBookwise 1150 and the REB1200.

[end of shameless plug]
I don't know why I didn't think to look around here. Thanks, I've downloaded your version as well. Plug away!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Great Documents

Had no clue they were available.......downloaded all 4. Makes me feel good to just be walking around with them. Thanks so much for the tip, both dafy4u and rwood.
I also just realized I could push a number button from my home page and go to the corresponding page on my kindle. I've had this thing for a month now, and am still learning new things. And YES I know it was all in the Kindle Guide! Downloading books was way more interesting..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

This morning, NPR (National Public Radio) had all of their reporters read the Declaration of Independence out loud. I had never read it before and read along on my Kindle.

There where some parts that are still relevant today and others that made me feel disappointed and uncomfortable in the phrasing chosen. All in all, it was powerful and I'm glad I was able to download these documents.

Happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The Delaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and JFK’s Inaugural Address may also be found here:
These were the first, second and third items ever to appear on Project Gutenberg.

LRF:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15277

PRC:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15278

IMP:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15279
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote