Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
muddog23
muddog23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Noob help Rtf to Mobi has hyphens at every syllable

I have tried converting this book multiple ways. I have been in the RTf file and have not seen anything to do with the hyphens. Everytime I convert the file, all the words that are more than one syllable have a hyphen in between the syllables. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have uploaded the mobi file. The mobi file is after conversion with the hyphens. I cannot upload the original RTF document as it is over 1.0 MB. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Attached Files
File Type: mobi The Ghost War - Alex Berenson.mobi (575.2 KB, 146 views)
muddog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddog23 View Post
Everytime I convert the file, all the words that are more than one syllable have a hyphen in between the syllables.
I don't see hyphens in this file. I converted to rtf and also fail to see hyphens. How are you viewing it?

The syllables are separated by \uc0\u173 in the rtf. I'm sure someone will tell you either how to strip them, how to specify the character encoding, etc. Viewing with Calibre's viewer doesn't show them to me.

Last edited by Starson17; 05-17-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
muddog23
muddog23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I am viewing it on my kindle 2 and on kindle for pc. If someone could tell me how to strip them in the RTF I would be grateful. In the RTF original document I did not see the hyphens either, but when I converted it to mobi and put it on my kindle and on kindle for pc it had hyphens at every syllable.
muddog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
just check the transliterate unicode characters option, that will remove them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote