Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
ebuyer099
ebuyer099 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-300
Hello from an old new-timer

Found about about this site from "The EBook Test" blog (y'all are listed there as a _must_) and am very glad I did.

I was an enthusiastic ereader when I got my Palm 500 back in the day (over 5 years ago now? ) - I set up automatic RSS uploads every morning, had scads of public domain books/web pages, the NYT crossword puzzle (it used to be free) and a device that stayed charged pretty much forever. But it finally gave out a while back and I got out of the habit, the main use for my Palm was actually to keep a mobile version of my work calendar, and I didn't think I could justify Yet Another New Toy "just" for e-reading.

But I have always remembered how cool it was to actually look forward to waiting in line so I could finish another chapter of whatever, so I finally decided to splurge on a Sony prs-300 when I got the opportunity to pick one up at a ridiculously low price (go WOOT!).

Now I'll have to teach myself all the tricks all over again, and I'm so glad I found y'all ... I've already gotten some really good information from the forums here and am comforted to know there's a place I can come when (not if) I run into gotcha's.

And thanks so much for being such a welcoming community, I'll try to keep my clueless newbie questions to a minimum.

Happy Reading!
ebuyer099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert