Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #29011
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Oooh, what new tea are we trying, cromag?

Finishing up some Lion Mountain Keemun here, and off to the grocery.
Well, actually, since I was posting after my own post from the previous day, I just didn't want anyone to think I was having leftovers.

But, I'm about halfway through a tin of Pu-Erh tea that I picked up at the local Asian Market. Most of the label is Chinese, but it does say that it's from Dragon Co., Tong Yan San Tsuen, North District, Ping Shan, N.T.

Actually, it looks just like this tin at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Golden-Dragon-...+tea+dragon+co.

(I believe it was significantly cheaper at the Asian Market.)

Last edited by cromag; 07-22-2014 at 10:16 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #29012
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
......Most of the label is Chinese, but it does say that it's from Dragon Co., Tong Yan San Tsuen, North District, Ping Shan, N.T.
In the "It's a small world" department, my best friend and ex-colleague from our university days in Japan is now living in Ping Shan, in the New Territories! They just moved there a 6 months ago, into a brand new development that still is under construction. Lovely area!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 07:08 AM   #29013
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Coffee then tea. (yawn)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #29014
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First mug of tea for the day. It's hotter and more humid than the past few days, with rain expected tonight.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #29015
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Diet coke this afternoon. It's raining now, but I'm having fun, working through the issues on a script. AND getting paid for it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #29016
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Talisker tonight .... recovering from a migraine .... sigh ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #29017
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lay me down in the cold cold ground
Where before many more have gone

When they come I will stand my ground
Stand my ground Ill not be afraid

Thoughts of home take away my fear
Sweat and blood hide my veil of tears

Once a year say a prayer for me
Close your eyes and remember me

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3a_7242Lc)

Good morning, everyone! Well... a good morning for us, anyway. Not so good for the folks in the Middle East. Hmmmm... makes me wonder... The FAA says too many rockets for planes to land at Ben Gurian. I know how that can be rectified.
Today I raise my glass to the people of Israel for finally taking a definitive stand against the constant attacks on their country by an entire culture that will accept nothing less than their total annihilation. In my glass my very best tea, the unbranded Keemun tea, held up to the young men and women of the IDF.

Stitchawl
Old 07-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #29018
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Oh, Lord how happy I am,
Oh, Lord how happy I am,
I won't feel sad 'till the whiskey's gone.
Oh, Lord how happy I am.

Now, a whole lot of women in this world,
They making trouble for all you men;
They're strutting around all over town,
And then walking back home again;
Well, if you think that she's got you down,
And she's started to count to ten,
Just look at her with one eye closed,
And sing to her again.

Oh, Lord how happy I am,
Oh, Lord how happy I am,
I won't feel sad 'till the whiskey's gone.
Oh, Lord how happy I am.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axWueoxYmcQ )

Good morning, everyone! Another beautiful Friday, and so many choices available! Today I choose to be happy. My choice! And I choose Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea and granola with Greek yogurt. My choice again! And I choose to take a walk into town and join in a group meditation. Another choice made! Sooo many choices!

Stitchawl
Old 07-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #29019
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Bombay Sapphire

Stitchawl
Old 07-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #29020
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lapsang Souchong. That kind of day. :blech:

OTOH, life overall is good, and there's still Talisker for later.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #29021
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Lapsang Souchong. That kind of day. :blech:

OTOH, life overall is good, and there's still Talisker for later.
Life is very good as long as there is Talisker ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #29022
cromag

Tea number three -- the timer just beeped!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #29023
CRussel
(he/him/his)

OK, I'm about done for the day. Tomorrow morning it's time to watch the final time trial in the Le Tour. Watching TTs is kinda boring, but the differences between 2nd and 6th places are really not very much, with 2nd, 3rd, & 4th only about 25 seconds apart, so there could be significant changes in the final placings. And if anyone can make it interesting, Phil and Paul can. (I'm not sure I'll ever be able to watch again if they retire. And goodness knows Phil Liggett is a risk for that! He's been doing this since the early 70's.)

Diet coke right now. But Talisker in about 15 minutes.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #29024
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Bowie lay dying, but his powder was ready and dry
Flat on his back, Bowie killed him a few in reply
And young David Crockett was singing and laughing
With gallantry fears in his eyes
For God and for freedom, a man more than willing to die

Hey Santa Anna, we're killing your soldiers below!
That men, wherever they go will remember the Alamo

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGPBLkZggXI )

A handful of dedicated people, trying to secure their homes, fighting against incredible odds... History always seems to repeat itself.

Good morning, everyone. Sunny Saturday morning, rains won't start for another 4-5 hours, so getting an early start. East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea today, and a pair of SuperEnergy Bars... Fencing today and I need the boost! Just got word that we are fielding an Epee team as well as Foil and Epee Individuals at the next big tournament. This will be another International event, with points for World ranking, this time held at Chulalongkorn University, Thailand's oldest and one of Asia's most prestigious academic institutions. There are 21 separate faculties at this school, making it larger than most American or European schools! The campus is spread out for miles! It will be wonderful if the Chiang Mai Fencing Club's Epee Team can bring home the Gold!

Stitchawl
Old 07-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #29025
cromag

A (small) Frosty from Wendy's.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?