Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 05:06 AM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
July 13th, 2009. I want my prize to be one of those miniature horses that you can keep in your house and let lie on your lounge until you yell "GET THE HELL OFF MY CHAIR OR IT'S GLUE FACTORY FOR YOU", but he licks my face with sugar-cube breath and I apologise and get him a blanket and a fresh carrot.

...but, July 13th, 2009, a month after Apple brings out their 115-hour battery, full colour e-ink, ruggedised, backlightable, 7" tablet (1/4" thick) running full-blown OSX with every publisher's books being sold at reasonable prices, DRM-free through iTunes.

I think you can put my chances between "outside" and "snowball's in hell".

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
where's the poll ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #18
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
As of right now MobileRead has 35,820 members.

Predict the date that there will be 40,000 members.

My guess will be somewhere near August 17, 2009.
*Bump*
As of right now MobileRead has 38,035 members.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
August 31. 2009.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #20
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Aug 10, 2009 - Why? Why not? I got lucky on that day once before.... No not like that you sicko...JK....Twas the day that my wife wore a beautiful white dress and said I dot:
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #21
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
*Bump*
As of right now MobileRead has 38,035 members.
That quickly? Then I say it will be on June 28th.

Last edited by Verencat; 06-14-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: right, we're in June, not May, so let's push the date a little!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #22
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I say it'll be precisely when it happens, not a moment before, not a moment after .....
Old 06-15-2009, 05:26 AM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Predict the date that there will be 40,000 members.
3rd July 2009
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #24
Ham88
Zealot
Ham88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
June 22 2009.

Why?

Because by then I'll have had enough to create a few thousand bogus accounts to make me right!
Ham88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:12 AM   #25
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I say it'll be precisely when it happens, not a moment before, not a moment after .....
ooh, is it too late to take Geoff's vote? I think this one is spot on!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #26
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
ooh, is it too late to take Geoff's vote? I think this one is spot on!

it is never too late .... just ask the Poll Fairy ....
Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #27
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
OK, I might change my date and say : the moment that 40,000th member signs up, that is the day we will have the 40,000 members!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:59 AM   #28
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
OK, I might change my date and say : the moment that 40,000th member signs up, that is the day we will have the 40,000 members!

Now we have that sorted out, we need to narrow it down to the hour.....minute......second ....
Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #29
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
Aug 10, 2009 - Why? Why not? I got lucky on that day once before.... No not like that you sicko...JK....Twas the day that my wife wore a beautiful white dress and said I dot:
Ummm... So you didn't get luckier, later that nite?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #30
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Ummm... So you didn't get luckier, later that nite?