Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
WoodmanX
WoodmanX began at the beginning.

Device: none
Multiple Versions of one book in the same Format?

Hi,

I came to Calibre to manage my ever growing collection of RPG ebooks, and after importing the first part of my collection I realized that there are a lot of books that would need to maintain several files of the same format (mostly pdf), some companies would separate the coverimage from the actual book to keep the actual book file smaller, and lost of companies provide a file for screen reading and another one for printing. I cant find a way to add e.g. 2 pdf files to one book, so I add all those files as individual books, but all the metadata is exactly the same and i would prefer a way to keep them organized as a singular book.
Would it be possible to add something like this via a plugin or is this something that would need a change in the actual application code?
WoodmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
1 Version of a format per record (title entry).
You might need to disable duplicate detection to prevent stomping a previous version. You can always update a version from the Metadata editor window.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
If you have just 2 versions then the best way would be to zip the version that you wont use to read on your pc and add that to calibre. But remember if you want to stop calibre from unzipping a zip file. The zip file should have 2 or more files inside.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote