Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
NoahMGillman
Enthusiast
NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: iphone
Smile Get to Know-an Author with Noahan Author Interview series!

Hello everyone! I'm Noah K Mullette-Gillman, author of The White Hairs
http://www.amazon.com/The-White-Hair...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

I have started up a new author interview series on my website. Each week I am interviewing 3 authors. I read at least the free preview of everyone's book and then give them individual questions based on that. I am trying to give everyone meaty questions that allow for them to really introduce themselves to readers and give them a sense of whether they would be a fit.

My first issue went up on Tuesday night, and I have just moments ago released the second issue.

I hope you'll all take a look. I'm trying to do something a little special and help everyone out!

Best,
Noah K Mullette-Gillman

https://sites.google.com/site/noahkm.../noahan-author
Old 08-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi, Noah.

I just had an enjoyable time reading Noahan Author 1 & 2 (and followed a few links to other sites).

I've been checking out a lot of the new, interview a self-published author, blogs and it always leaves me with a question.

I've noted (not only your blog- this site also) that a lot of authors seem to only mention Amazon as where their book is available, only show that link, and discuss digital publication through Amazon. I've started searching and noted quite a few are also at smashwords.

Mobileread is an international forum, and due to this, I've become very aware of the difficulties non USA members have when trying to purchase books.

My question for you is.... (sound familiar?)

Why do you think authors seem to only mention Amazon and would not mention their (or consider) other purchase sites (like smashwords)?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
NoahMGillman
Enthusiast
NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.NoahMGillman writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Hi, Noah.

I just had an enjoyable time reading Noahan Author 1 & 2 (and followed a few links to other sites).

I've been checking out a lot of the new, interview a self-published author, blogs and it always leaves me with a question.

I've noted (not only your blog- this site also) that a lot of authors seem to only mention Amazon as where their book is available, only show that link, and discuss digital publication through Amazon. I've started searching and noted quite a few are also at smashwords.

Mobileread is an international forum, and due to this, I've become very aware of the difficulties non USA members have when trying to purchase books.

My question for you is.... (sound familiar?)

Why do you think authors seem to only mention Amazon and would not mention their (or consider) other purchase sites (like smashwords)?
Hi Dreams!
That's a great question. I, as an author, often do the same thing that they're doing. I think the reason is simple: Apparently 75% of all digital books are currently sold through amazon. That means its the most popular site and where most people seem to want to buy. If someone sees my book for sale at amazon, but DOESN'T want to use amazon for some reason they would have my ISBN and all of the information they need to look the book up from their preferred vendor.

Also, reviews are an issue. I have a couple of reviews on barnes&noble, one on lulu, but 8 on amazon. If anyone is considering reading my book, I definitely want them to read those. So, that influences my decision about where to send them.

My books have sold from amazon, smashwords, barnes & noble, lulu, and even a couple from some sites I've never heard of. And I'm very grateful for that! But if I only have the chance to tell my audience about one source to buy it, I'll probably use amazon.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
NoahMGillman
Enthusiast

The fourth issue is now up!

https://sites.google.com/site/noahkm...author-issue-4

We have 3 more interviews with Kindle authors for you to enjoy!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #5
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin
dlmartin6 doesn't litterdlmartin6 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Hi Noah,

Thanks so much for hosting my interview.
Smashwords link for this novelette.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12404

Deb
Old 09-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #6
NoahMGillman
Enthusiast

It was an absolute pleasure, Deb!
If you haven't noticed yet, I also gave your story, The Right Path, a 4-star review on amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r_mts_prod_img
Old 09-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
NoahMGillman
Enthusiast

The fifth issue is now up!

You can find it here:
https://sites.google.com/site/noahkm...author-issue-5

Today we have interviews with Luke Spycalla, J.A. Titus, and Karen Wojcik Berner
Old 09-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin
dlmartin6 doesn't litterdlmartin6 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahMGillman View Post
It was an absolute pleasure, Deb!
If you haven't noticed yet, I also gave your story, The Right Path, a 4-star review on amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r_mts_prod_img
Yes, I finally noticed. Thanks very much and I'm glad you liked the story.

Deb
Old 09-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
NoahMGillman
Enthusiast

The 6th issue is now up!

https://sites.google.com/site/noahkm.../noahan-author
Old 09-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #10
M. R. Mathias
Banned
M. R. Mathias has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle k3, PC
Hey Noah.... Hey Deb... Hey otto....
Old 09-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #11
ecaggiani
ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
Noah's interviews are great! My father and I just got interviewed for our book and we were very impressed by the hand-tailored questions. No cookie cutter stuff here! Thanks Noah!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #12
M. R. Mathias
Banned
M. R. Mathias has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle k3, PC
Hey Ed!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:41 AM   #13
ecaggiani
ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecaggiani knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
Hey :-)
Old 09-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #14
NoahMGillman
Enthusiast

Hey M.R.!

Thanks Ed! I'm looking forward to posting the interviews with you and your father this Sunday. I think it's really interesting to read the interviews of the author and the translator together, and far more so because you're father and son!

It's the first time I've interviewed two people involved in a single book together, but I think it's great!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #15
NoahMGillman
Enthusiast

The 7th issue of Noahan Author is up! I interview a father/author AND his son/translator! AND I get asked what superhero I would like to be!
https://sites.google.com/site/noahkm...author-issue-7
Closed Thread