Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
kaks57
kaks57 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Disappearing Books

About every 3 months or so, I go to turn on my Kobo Arc 7 and all the books are not there and have to be downloaded again. The covers show that they are they, but they must be downloaded. Does anyone else have this problem?
kaks57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Are you talking about within the Kobo app? I know that with Kindle, Zinio, etc, the material does not always stay on the device indefinitely, particularly if there has been a software update or similar.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
kaks57
kaks57 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
disappearing books

Guess I explained it wrong. I will open my tablet and the book covers are all there, but you can't open them. They all need to be downloaded again.
kaks57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Yes, that sounds like what happens when they get "deleted" to save storage space. I've had this happen on my iPad as well (in the Kindle app) but never investigated where the settings were or how to override that.

If you are using a specific app, it might be worth posting this question in that app's related forum rather than on the Arc forum. It is more likely to get a response.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote