Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Snow Day!

What do you do on a snow day? I get all excited like a little kid the night before. I got up this morning, made a big breakfast, did some cleaning I had been neglecting, and now what?

I want to want to read, but I can't figure what book I want to begin. I want to just watch movies, but again, which ones? Then I guiltily think I probably have a ton of stuff to do around the house that I haven't done in a while. (Yeah, that's not gonna happen )

So, I'm guessing a good number of mobileread members have been hit by this winter weather-What are you going to do on your mandatory day off?
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
make snow angels, put some soup on the stove, a fire in the fireplace, play with the dog, throw snowballs at the horses, cuddle kitties, sip cocoa and schnappes
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
We get our snow tonight. I only live 3 miles from work, so I doubt I'll get a snow day.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Well, so far the only productive thing I've done today was wind some yarn into balls. Tomorrow I might start warping my loom. Maybe. Or maybe I'll take a nap.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
On snow days, I shovel out my car, brush off my car, scrape the ice off my windshield, and drive 10 MPH until I get to the office.

We have no snow days.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Well, so far the only productive thing I've done today was wind some yarn into balls. Tomorrow I might start warping my loom. Maybe. Or maybe I'll take a nap.
Fruit of the loom?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Snow day? I heard speak of such a legend. We don't really get them here in Alaska. I think I've seen 2 snow days in the past 12 years. I remember a storm that had 26 inches of snow in 24 hours ... and they STILL made the kids go to school.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
Snow day? I heard speak of such a legend. We don't really get them here in Alaska. I think I've seen 2 snow days in the past 12 years. I remember a storm that had 26 inches of snow in 24 hours ... and they STILL made the kids go to school.
I just wish we had some equipment to at least clear the interstates. I just saw them interviewing Dept of Transportation on the news and they were commenting that the usual "ice melt" mixture that they normally use on the road just is not working since the ice layer on the roads is so thick, with freezing drizzle still falling. There is nothing to plow off of the roads, it's just a very thick, very slick, layer of ice. Hundreds of tractor-trailer trucks are stuck in one area on our perimeter freeway, which of course has the whole road closed. So the bottom line is our local govt doesn't have the equipment, and the rest of us don't have the clothes, boots, vehicles, shovels, and whatever else to deal with this. Gosh, this turned into a rant, didn't it? I'm sorry, didn't mean to because we are so much better off here than the Aussie folks in the flood area. So yes, Snow Day!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
It's never ever got below 5 degrees in almost all of my country because we have tropical weather. But in the winter, on the days like today when the temperature is below 10 degrees (which is extremely cold for us) the kids stay home, whereas teens and adults still go to school/university/office as normal.

But I have a small break before taking some final tests at the academy, so I stay at home today (and all week). I slept all morning (well I really didn't notice it's 11 am already because it was still dark outside), woke up to have a brunch, finished a book, prepared a handout for the coming test and went out to have a burger, french fries and chocolate ice-cream. my typical day if I stay at home.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Somehow thus far in Washington, DC we have been left out by this snow storm that you all are talking about. I find it interesting that Memphis has more snow than the Nation's Capital does at this point, I would have thought that since I am north of Memphis that I would have more snow then Memphis but I don't this is wierd.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Somehow thus far in Washington, DC we have been left out by this snow storm that you all are talking about. I find it interesting that Memphis has more snow than the Nation's Capital does at this point, I would have thought that since I am north of Memphis that I would have more snow then Memphis but I don't this is wierd.
That is because the storm is traveling from south to north - dumping the most snow farthest south, and then losing strength as it goes north. Kind of like holding normal winter weather up to a mirror - you get the opposite!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote