Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-14-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
gk59
gk59 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
exchange PRS-505?

I just bought a silver PRS 505. The book store didnt have any dark ones. They also said that only Sony can exchange them. I didn't like the glare.did anyone try to exchange it through Sony?
Thanks.
gk59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Huh, that sounds fishy, gk59 -- I think it may be more likely that the store only stocks the silver ones. I'm skeptical about Sony being willing to exchange it under those circumstances. In your position, I might consider returning the one you bought and buying the dark-blue one directly from Sony (or where ever you can find it). That is assuming you're still within the store's return period.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk59 View Post
I just bought a silver PRS 505. The book store didnt have any dark ones. They also said that only Sony can exchange them. I didn't like the glare.did anyone try to exchange it through Sony?
Thanks.
This sounds like a Borders deal. When I bought mine I asked about returns. They told me no returns unless it is defective.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
theres always spray paint
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:19 AM   #5
gk59
gk59 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yes, it was Borders, they said all returns through Sony.
gk59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2008, 06:41 AM   #6
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Borders told me the same thing when I bought my PRS500.

And they wonder why Borders is going down the toilet! The COULD have accepted returns and exchanges and what-not but they didn't want to be bothered. And then they wonder why people don't want to be bothered shopping with them!
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote