Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #106
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
I'm not sure of the differences there, but what I know as rye bread from my wife's preferences (being from the European mainland herself) is something the colour of the Space Shuttle's ablative tiles, the texture and smell of lino, and the taste of the mash left over from brewing. It takes about a month to chew a mouthful, and you really ought to be able to blow bubbles with it.

I'm not a fan.
Ahh... Russian rye bread. The inspiration for Terry Pratchett's dwarven battle bread!

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #107
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Not to mention that the devices are basically plankjes.

I guess some people that plankjed their Kobos!
I like that: I might just have a new term - I've always had trouble with "bricked" because in en_EN, it has connotations of being very frightened, as in "I s**t a brick"!
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #108
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hhhmmmm.... perhaps we should end this discussion here as I can't see any way to relate this discussion to the topic of this thread.

DB
Regretfully, I agree - we don't want any angry mods descending upon us! Now, what was the original topic??
Old 03-17-2013, 04:27 AM   #109
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Regretfully, I agree - we don't want any angry mods descending upon us! Now, what was the original topic??
So, Peak, did you successfully change your local settings?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #110
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Come on, Mrs_Often, you know that on-topic content is not allowed!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #111
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Hahaha - do you know, I'd completely forgotten about it! I thought there was something relevant when I typed "en_EN" earlier on ... Give me a few minutes and I'll report back.

By the way, Murg, I love your sidebar note: Kobos are indeed an adventure (as is venturing on to these boards )
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #112
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Hahaha - do you know, I'd completely forgotten about it! I thought there was something relevant when I typed "en_EN" earlier on ... Give me a few minutes and I'll report back.
It works fine, thanks! (Confession - it took twice as long as it ought to because I put "en_UK" in first of all, and then remembered that this is one of the occasions "GB" is used!)
Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #113
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It works fine, thanks! (Confession - it took twice as long as it ought to because I put "en_UK" in first of all, and then remembered that this is one of the occasions "GB" is used!)
I did the exact same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Come on, Mrs_Often, you know that on-topic content is not allowed!
Oh pardon me! So murg, what are you having for dinner tonight?
Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #114
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Oh pardon me! So murg, what are you having for dinner tonight?
I was thinking of having plankje...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #115
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Here is a list of the English language locales I found in the 2.4.0 Kobo firmware image:

en_AU, en_BW, en_CA, en_GB, en_HK, en_IE, en_IN, en_MT, en_NZ, en_PH, en_SG, en_US, en_US_POSIX, en_VI, en_ZA, en_ZW.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:42 AM   #116
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Thanks Geoff! The list is a lot longer than I thought! Glad they support other locales apart from the ones they have system languages for.* (I've no idea what most of those locales are!)

*Oh wait, that doesn't make sense, it's all English. Oh well.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #117
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Here is a list of the English language locales I found in the 2.4.0 Kobo firmware image: ... en_VI, ...
Which locale is en_VI? I would guess at Vietnam, but I can't find it on http://lh.2xlibre.net/locales/. I'd guessed Vietnam, but VN seems to be the locale: "vi" is the language code.

Merely curious - it isn't something I'm likely to need any time soon!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #118
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
en_VI Might be Virgin Islands. USVI or BVI
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #119
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
en_VI Might be Virgin Islands. USVI or BVI
That makes sense - thanks!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #120
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
Found here

Code:
en_AU                 Australia
en_BW                Botswana
en_CA                 Canada
en_GB                 Great Britain (should be UK, hmph!)
en_HK                 Hong Kong
en_IE                   Ireland
en_IN                   India
en_MT                 Malta
en_NZ                 New zealand
en_PH                 Phillipines 
en_SG                 Singapore
en_US                 United States
en_US_POSIX      U.S. POSIX
en_VI                   Virgin Islands
en_ZA                 South Africa
en_ZW                Zimbabwe