Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #151
hastur
hastur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I just want to add that I successfully changed the currentlocale to sv_SE for Swedish dates and 24hr clock.
hastur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #152
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
With my reader mounted on /media/KOBOeReader, in
"/media/KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" there is an entry:

[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_US

I changed en_US to en_NZ, powered my Glo off then back on, and now it displays the date in proper NZ format DD/MM/YY instead MM/DD/YY.

See post #120 for a list of English language locales available in firmware 2.4.0.
Thanks Geoff...

For the record, I found the file Kobo eReader.conf on my Mini directly under \.kobo\Kobo\ on my PC. So I am not sure about the reference to /media/KOBOeReader/...

However, once there, the change was straightforward and effective.

One comment though. Being an Aussie, my first inclination was to use en_AU for my locale. This changed the date as I wanted, but showed the time in 12-hour format with AM/PM. As I prefer the 24-hour format, I have changed the locale to en_GB, and the Mini is behaving nicely, with no apparent problems.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
Thanks Geoff...

For the record, I found the file Kobo eReader.conf on my Mini directly under \.kobo\Kobo\ on my PC. So I am not sure about the reference to /media/KOBOeReader/...
I think that's the path on a Mac. Or maybe Linux.
Quote:

However, once there, the change was straightforward and effective.

One comment though. Being an Aussie, my first inclination was to use en_AU for my locale. This changed the date as I wanted, but showed the time in 12-hour format with AM/PM. As I prefer the 24-hour format, I have changed the locale to en_GB, and the Mini is behaving nicely, with no apparent problems.
Same thing here. But, it just feels wrong to do it
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #154
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
Thanks Geoff...

Looks like the mount point for a Kobo ereader on a Linux box.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #155
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think that's the path on a Mac. Or maybe Linux.
I guessed it might be that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess
As I prefer the 24-hour format, I have changed the locale to en_GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor
Same thing here. But, it just feels wrong to do it
Heh, heh.
Advert
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #156
BeeTee-Ess
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Looks like the mount point for a Kobo ereader on a Linux box.
Thanks David.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #157
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
how do you comment out a line in the eReader.conf file? i tried using "#" and when i next opened up the file, it was converted to "%23". i wish that there was a way to set the time/date format other than changing the locale. i like the 24 hour format, so i changed it from en_US to en_GB. and the date format became "day-of-week, dd month yyyy" ("dd/mm/yyyy" in short format). this was an improvement over the US date format, in my opinion. but i would like to take it a step further and have it in reverse order (yyyy mm dd), which is the international format. i think that sweden (sv_SE) uses this format. but it also changes the language the date is displayed in. south africa (en_ZA) displays short form as "yyyy/mm/dd" but long form as "day-of-week dd month yyyy".
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #158
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I don't believe that in current firmware versions you can override the date. (Also, please don't post the same question in thread after thread after thread).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:47 PM   #159
paulaf
paulaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I don't believe that in current firmware versions you can override the date. (Also, please don't post the same question in thread after thread after thread).
I'm not a regular user on here so as I didn't get any helpful answers i found this developers section in case someone could tell me how to alter the code?
paulaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:16 PM   #160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulaf View Post
I'm not a regular user on here so as I didn't get any helpful answers i found this developers section in case someone could tell me how to alter the code?
If you ask a question here and you don't get an answer, it means either no one knows the answer, or whoever does know the answer has not been around. Asking multiple times in a short period of time will not get you a quicker response. Or at least not a useful response.

And sometimes you don't get an answer because of the question. Asking questions about breaking DRM can trigger this. And that is effectively what you were asking.

But, as to how to change the date or time on a Kobo devices, it works exactly how it always has. Go to the settings, select Date and time and then tap on the date. Choose the date you want and press "Set". That is working on my devices running firmware 4.28.x. You may need to turn of WiFi to keep the date/time set. Either it will correct the date/time when you connect, or the sync will fail due to date mismatch. And don't connect to the PC and use the Kobo desktop as that will also set the time to match the PC.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:59 PM   #161
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
David

On my Libra H2O the only clickable area on Date and Time is Time Zone

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:07 PM   #162
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Likewise on my Forma. Even entering gibberish into the time zone doesn’t allow me to change the date manually.

I don’t recall ever being able to set the date, but I’d imagine it changed when overdrive was added. And probably for precisely this reason.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:47 PM   #163
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Likewise on my Forma. Even entering gibberish into the time zone doesn’t allow me to change the date manually.

I don’t recall ever being able to set the date, but I’d imagine it changed when overdrive was added. And probably for precisely this reason.
I remember changing it as I messed it when setting up a device some time ago (set it to a year in the future opened a purchased book and it messed up the reading status). But, it looks like if you are signed into Overdrive, the date and time fields are disabled. None of mine were. When I signed in on one of them, the date and time changed to read only fields.

And the posts that started this are all gone.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:08 AM   #164
paulaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you ask a question here and you don't get an answer, it means either no one knows the answer, or whoever does know the answer has not been around. Asking multiple times in a short period of time will not get you a quicker response. Or at least not a useful response.

And sometimes you don't get an answer because of the question. Asking questions about breaking DRM can trigger this. And that is effectively what you were asking.

But, as to how to change the date or time on a Kobo devices, it works exactly how it always has. Go to the settings, select Date and time and then tap on the date. Choose the date you want and press "Set". That is working on my devices running firmware 4.28.x. You may need to turn of WiFi to keep the date/time set. Either it will correct the date/time when you connect, or the sync will fail due to date mismatch. And don't connect to the PC and use the Kobo desktop as that will also set the time to match the PC.
The only field on my Nia that is clickable is the time zone one, so it doesn't work as it used to unfortunately. I'll try signing out of Overdrive to see if that helps though. I'm thinking of exchanging my Nia for another model - can you change the date on the Clara? Thanks
Old 10-11-2021, 02:11 AM   #165
paulaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Have you deleted my other posts?