Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
MrTanquery
MrTanquery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite custom wallpaper guide for noobs?

Hey guys,

When I went to purchase my Paperwhite I wasn't really paying attention, and ended up with the ad supported version. Now I have secret agents and promotions from AT&T staring at my from my desk every time the Kindle goes into screensaver mode. Super annoying.

I've jailbroken my PW using ixtabs software in hopes of replacing the totally not worth it, intrusive and totally obnoxious (are you reading amazon?) ads that appear as screensavers with something more suitable. But, as a noob the process of adding custom wallpapers couldn't be less clear. Would someone take the time to post a walk through for noobs?
MrTanquery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Step 1: pay Amazon $20 to remove the special offers.
Step 2: Follow these instructions.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
MrTanquery
MrTanquery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Very concise, thank you for both the help and your very easy to use jailbreak ixtab.

Last edited by MrTanquery; 12-18-2012 at 05:09 PM.
MrTanquery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom screensaver, kindle paperwhite, walkthrough