Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Two more questions about Fire

1. Is there any way to delete things from the Cloud? I tried pressing on a document, but Delete was not a choice there.

2. Is there any way to browse for books in the Prime's free lending library on a PC rather than just on the Fire?
With my poor eyesight, it is difficult to read the titles on the book covers shown in many cases.

In both cases, my Google-fu did not help a'tall.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
1. Is there any way to delete things from the Cloud? I tried pressing on a document, but Delete was not a choice there.

2. Is there any way to browse for books in the Prime's free lending library on a PC rather than just on the Fire?
With my poor eyesight, it is difficult to read the titles on the book covers shown in many cases.

In both cases, my Google-fu did not help a'tall.
For question #1, you need to log into your Amazon account via a web browser then click the Personal Documents link on the left side of the page. That will display a page named Your Kindle Library from which you can delete your personal document(s). Just hover the mouse pointer over the appropriate Actions button then select Delete from Library.

I'm not sure about the 2nd question.

Last edited by jswinden; 04-12-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Try going into your account and deleting from there. That'll permanently get rid of unwanted apps (except for a few of the mandatory pre-installed ones).

There's a way to rig search results to show only Prime Eligible books. Use the navigation on the left to find your genre of choice.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&redi..._encoding=UTF8
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Boy, that was quick. Thanks guys.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote