Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 04:21 AM   #16
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I don't use Amazon much, but I've recently read somewhere that Amazon retains all copyright to reviews posted. So apparently if you review something there you can't use the same review on another site/blog. Is that true?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #17
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I don't use Amazon much, but I've recently read somewhere that Amazon retains all copyright to reviews posted. So apparently if you review something there you can't use the same review on another site/blog. Is that true?
No, it's not. Reviewers own their reviews and may post them anywhere they want -- the Amazon TOS is clear on this.

What Amazon CAN do is flow your reviews through its affiliates. Because of this reflow, my reviews are on a LOT of sites out there that I've never even visited.

The only exception is for Amazon Vine reviews -- reviews of Vine products (i.e., "free" review copies) may be posted on non-purchase sites (blogs, GoodReads, etc.) but Amazon asks that the reviews not be posted on competing purchasing sites (B&N, etc.).
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #18
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
No, it's not. Reviewers own their reviews and may post them anywhere they want -- the Amazon TOS is clear on this.

What Amazon CAN do is flow your reviews through its affiliates. Because of this reflow, my reviews are on a LOT of sites out there that I've never even visited.
Ah, ok. The original source I read it on must have had things wrong. They did mention the reuse on Amazon affiliate sites though.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, reviewers