Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Xperia Play

Well, I traded in my Galaxy S plus some cash for this phone. While the screen is... worse (the Galaxy S' one is simply too great) I am quite happy with the trade-in as it allows me to do something lovely such as portable gaming and something interesting like seeing a modder community grow.

Still, Sony Ericsson has done a great job with the screen, and its brightness auto-setting is surprisingly good. Maybe it lacks some on the maximum brightness side, but I won't complain about it. Aside of the screen, the OS is snappy and functions flawlessly. I am not too interested about most of the Sony customization, most prominently related with social networking, but at least they don't give headaches.

Something interesting, and which maybe our lovely ereading app devs may want to consider, is the fact that we count with two shoulder buttons L and R which are much more convenient to use than the volume keys...
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I don't know if I could trade my Galaxy S for an Xperia, but the Xperia does have my interest. I'm sure the control makes gaming much easier.

The features you mentioned where part of the features you found in the old MobilePocket Windows app. It's kind of ironic that ~10years later, not reading app has gotten remotely close to how good that app was.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote