Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #361
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
Nope — I wouldn't expect to see any new ones any time soon. But you never know...
As we say here in Yorkshire: fair dos, but I can't help but think Kobo is missing a trick here
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #362
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronpaterson View Post
As we say here in Yorkshire: fair dos, but I can't help but think Kobo is missing a trick here
I think a bunch of new awards would be fun too. All I can suggest is to try posting 'idea' threads on GetSatisfaction (https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topics) letting us know what you think of Reading Life / Awards.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #363
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Also worth adding a request on this thread as well.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #364
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
I think a bunch of new awards would be fun too. All I can suggest is to try posting 'idea' threads on GetSatisfaction (https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topics) letting us know what you think of Reading Life / Awards.
I already have
Old 05-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #365
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Also worth adding a request on this thread as well.
Now done too
Advert
Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #366
NiborSypher
NiborSypher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4S
Hi, I am new to this forum (or better new to any forum) so if I type something wrong don't hastate to correct/inform me.
I have recently started using Kobo (app first and eReader touch later) and tried to get the info on award's and it seems this is the only forum that shares decent information.
Now am I a sucker for lists and orderly overviews, so I made a list of the awards that I could find in this forum as complete as possible made it in to a PDF you find the link below.
If anyone can make the list more complete please share the info with me and I will update it.

By the way I hope I didn't breach any copyrights or so but if I did please tell me, so I can alter the list.

Also if you got Awards where I didn't got the icon yet, please make a screenshot on your iOS device and share this with me.

Kobo Reading life Award list
NiborSypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #367
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiborSypher View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum (or better new to any forum) so if I type something wrong don't hastate to correct/inform me.
I have recently started using Kobo (app first and eReader touch later) and tried to get the info on award's and it seems this is the only forum that shares decent information.
Now am I a sucker for lists and orderly overviews, so I made a list of the awards that I could find in this forum as complete as possible made it in to a PDF you find the link below.
If anyone can make the list more complete please share the info with me and I will update it.

By the way I hope I didn't breach any copyrights or so but if I did please tell me, so I can alter the list.

Also if you got Awards where I didn't got the icon yet, please make a screenshot on your iOS device and share this with me.

Kobo Reading life Award list
Interesting - I hadn't realised there were so many secret and time-limited ones
Old 05-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #368
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
You can find some additional award images here (http://www.kobobooks.com/awards), though that isn't the complete list. Oh, and those seasonal awards (which date back to late 2010 / early 2011) were only available on iOS.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #369
NiborSypher

@lessthanyouthink I used these on the Kobo website already, it is more the ones that aren't revealed untill you got them where I am interrested in.
I updated the iOS indication of those seasonal awards
Thanks.

I updated the list by the way already for I found more info in later post that I had skiped but now they are also in there.
specificly one the ones that are book or piblisher related

use the old link or this one they are the same
Kobo Reading Life Awards List

Last edited by NiborSypher; 05-29-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #370
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
So, anyone have a fix for the buggy "Book Lover" award, that doesn't include a factory reset?

And does the factory reset really work for achieving Book Lover?
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:43 AM   #371
NiborSypher

Hi Wald07, I don't know if this will work but I can't see why not.
Do you or anyone you know own a iPhone ?
If so, install the free app and try to log in from that, that should earn the award, wait a little and if all is right should sync the award, so you have it on your reader to.
And if it's a friend's iPhone just log out and let them decide if they want to use it or remove it
I hope this works for you

To all:

And again I updated the list and reshuffeld it a bit so the unobtainable's are lower on the list and I put the awards for books and publishers together, maybe it is just better you take a look.

Kobo Reading Life Awards List

Last edited by NiborSypher; 05-29-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 AM   #372
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
I will give it a try and post the result!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #373
johnny 3eagles
johnny 3eagles began at the beginning.

Device: touch
I started reading on a Sharper Image Litterati, bought a KOBO TOUCH and now read on my Toshiba Thrive, and sometimes on an HTC Inspire 4G.

Recently the KOBO app was updated. I was at 32/32 of Reading Life awards until the update. Now I am missing eREADING RAINBOW. This award is for downloading an ebook optimized for KOBO VOX. Other than using a VOX, is there anyway to download an "optimized for VOX" book?
johnny 3eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #374
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny 3eagles View Post
I started reading on a Sharper Image Litterati, bought a KOBO TOUCH and now read on my Toshiba Thrive, and sometimes on an HTC Inspire 4G.

Recently the KOBO app was updated. I was at 32/32 of Reading Life awards until the update. Now I am missing eREADING RAINBOW. This award is for downloading an ebook optimized for KOBO VOX. Other than using a VOX, is there anyway to download an "optimized for VOX" book?
Right now, fixed layout content (items on the "just of kobo box" list on the website) is Vox only, but it should be appearing for iOS in the near future.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #375
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
I'm still struggling with a few of the awards.. namely 1) Sun, sea sand Kobo, 2) Spirit of Portland, 3)Time Lord, 4) Sneaky Reads, 5) Dead reckoning...

Even though i've bought the required books from the right publishers, i still haven't got the award and can't work out why... are there particular titles you need to buy?

Also, Potent Quotables.. any ideas on that one?
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch