Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
Cleo
Cleo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone, PC
Formatting problems when previewing Kindle DX and Android

I format my eBooks in HTML, then I make an ePub, and convert it to MOBI using Kindlegen. I have an e-ink Kindle and an iPad, and I use the Kindle Previewer to revise my files.

I spent lots of times creating and styling tables in HTML, and they look good in every device, except DX in Kindle Previewer, where the text alignment doesn't follow my settings (neither inline style nor CSS). According to the Previewer, everything is fine in Kindle Fire, but the alignment for the cells with colspan="5" (which is left instead of justified).

When using the online previewer from KDP account, the new devices (Android tablet and Android phone) show all text without margins (every line occupies the whole screen).

My questions are: Is this Android, Fire and DX preview reliable? Do the eBooks really look that way? If so, how can I change the margins for Android devices? Regarding the tables, is there a form to adjust the text alignment so that it is recognized in Kindle DX and Fire? The tables contain lots of numerical data across two or three pages, and they cannot be substituted by an image.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest you create a preview sample that you can post so those with a Kindle Fire and/or a DX can test it for you on the actual device.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, kindle dx, kindle previewer, mobi, tables