Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
senobe
senobe began at the beginning.

Device: Android device
Multiple Libraries

Hi.

i am using multiple libraries to organize my e-books. Since CC doesn't maintain multiple libraries i added a new column with the library name (found here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243394))

Now i like to add subgroups such as author, tags, genre and series. In the end it should look like:

Groups
>Library

>>Library A
>>>Author
>>>Tag
>>>Genre
>>>Series

>>Library B
>>>Author
>>>Tag
>>>Genre
>>>Series

Every subgroup should have another subgroup like Author/Tag/Series A-Z.

I hope you understand what i mean. English is not my native language :-)
Is there a way to do that? And do i do that in calibre or in CC?

LG
Senobe
senobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:37 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Why not just search for all books from a "library"?

Then you will only see those books, further broken down by the usual groups.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2015, 03:15 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@senobe: you cannot do what you describe in CC. There is no way to put all the groups below a library name.

However, you can easily do what eschwartz suggests by adding your "library" column to the grouping drawer and using long-press search as described in this FAQ answer. Long-pressing on a library name will make CC show only books from that library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote