Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-12-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Free 30gig e-mail account

These guys promise free 30gig e-mail accounts. In fact, they announced their plans to increase the offering to 50, or maybe even 100gig in the future. OK, why is it that I have difficulty believing this service is going to work in the long run?

You can register your account here:
http://www.gfxedit.com/30gigs/
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There seems to be a lot of these offers springing up now, and I must admit I'm a bit hesitant to put my trust in their ability to still be here in the long run. For stability, and knowing your account will still be around 10 years from now, it's hard to go past the big three (Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail of course).
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 AM   #3
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Or, run thy own email server. Like,...me.
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:45 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan
Or, run thy own email server. Like,...me.
Ditto What software do you run? I have Postfix + Cyrus-Imapd.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:51 AM   #5
Jaapjan
Avid reader

Ah. I run a Breezy linux server on my Epia 8000. It runs courier-imap. I used to have a gentoo box before this but...try compiling on a fanless 800mhz computer. But drat, my server is silent! No moving parts except a laptop harddisk!
Advert
Old 11-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan
Ah. I run a Breezy linux server on my Epia 8000. It runs courier-imap. I used to have a gentoo box before this but...try compiling on a fanless 800mhz computer. But drat, my server is silent! No moving parts except a laptop harddisk!
Sounds nice! Now it's time to get rid of the harddisk as well with some flash memory ...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #7
Jaapjan
Avid reader

I considered it, yes. But I prefer a harddisk. It was a decision I made at the time between size as well as speed and prospective life. A 2.5" laptop drive (the one I have) is soundless as well. When it is in the casing (which it is).

It serves me well and for its servitude it will one day rise to take its rightful place in the great network in the sky.