Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
anders_babs1
anders_babs1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
downloading

I can't figure out how to download feedbooks onto my kindle. The URl won't download to my computer, it give me mobi something and I have no clue which one to choose if any. Is my browser the same as whispernet? I am very challenged in this area and have no clue. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. If I ever get this downloaded will I be able to purchase books, and if so are they cheaper than in the kindle store. Would love Free books, free is good
Thanks
Barbara
anders_babs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Barbara,

Click on the following URLs, or access them from your Kindle. Download the files. If you download the file to your computer, then you will need to put the files in your documents folder via USB:

https://www.mobileread.com/mobiguide
http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide

Afterwards, you'll see the two guidebooks on your Kindle. You can click on links inside them to download free books.

The browser isn't exactly the same as whispernet but it uses whispernet to download things, just like the Kindle does with Amazon books.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders_babs1 View Post
I can't figure out how to download feedbooks onto my kindle. The URl won't download to my computer, it give me mobi something and I have no clue which one to choose if any. Is my browser the same as whispernet? I am very challenged in this area and have no clue. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. If I ever get this downloaded will I be able to purchase books, and if so are they cheaper than in the kindle store. Would love Free books, free is good
Thanks
Barbara
Feedbooks has a Kindle FAQ page with video which shows you how to use their Kindle Guide.

The books from Feedbooks are Public Domain titles, which are free. You may be able to find the same books here on MobileRead, Manybooks.net and even Amazon and they would still be free.

You will *not* be able to "buy" current popular fiction from Feedbooks (they don't sell books at all). Amazon will more often than not have the best pricing for current titles.

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-28-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Foodbooks? Where did that come from?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I'm not sure what you are asking. Feedbooks is a web site (www.feedbooks.com). You can download books from it in various formats. Choose Mobipocket/Kindle format for a Kindle. When the browser gives you the option to save it, save it somewhere, then move to the Kindle via USB.

All the books on Feedbooks are free.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote