Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #16
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Edit: Try sending it to your iPhone. "youriphonename@kindle.com". I will be converted into a Kindle book.
Amazon doesn't, currently, support emailing content to the iPhone Kindle application.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
Amazon doesn't, currently, support emailing content to the iPhone Kindle application.
I just looked at my "manage my kindle" page and you are correct, we can't assign a Kindle email address to an iPhone or iPod Touch.. Thanks for the correction.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #18
knowmad
knowmad began at the beginning.

Device: iphone kindle
I wonder if there is a way to register an iphone as a kindle in the 'Manage your Kindle' section.

It's not that hard to scp books to my phone, but the title/author metadata is getting screwed up. Everytime I start up kindle.app on my phone, it opens the same book (not the last one I was reading). Maybe I need to try calibre instead of stanza for converting files...
knowmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowmad View Post
I wonder if there is a way to register an iphone as a kindle in the 'Manage your Kindle' section.
Nope. You would need a Kindle serial number which is not similar to an iPhone serial number (or UDID). Plus you can only register an iPhone or iPod Touch from within the Kindle for iPhone app.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #20
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Nope. You would need a Kindle serial number which is not similar to an iPhone serial number (or UDID). Plus you can only register an iPhone or iPod Touch from within the Kindle for iPhone app.
I just read the same thing today in a different thread, so this must be correct.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #21
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
I experienced the same issue with Kindle app on my iPhone 2G and 3G. Both are registered in Amazon, and I can buy books (using Gift Certificate loophole as I'm not in US), and I tried to email myiphonename@kindle.com and myiphonename@free.kindle.com. Nada. THe mail were sent, but no reply at all.
On the Kindle app hang opening ebook, I experienced it with the free ebook Resonance by Chris Dolley. Upon checking the header, it was indeed the TEXtREAd header that is causing this. I run mobi2mobi gui and get a new file with MOBI as header. All good now as I can just iphonebrowser-copy the new .mobi to the eBooks directory of the Kindle app.
For the metadata, using mobipocket creator, we can make sure the metadata is the same with the original file, if needed be, up to the ISBN entry.
As someone here mentioned in earlier post, I learned something new today.
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by thianliongpatpoh View Post
I experienced the same issue with Kindle app on my iPhone 2G and 3G. Both are registered in Amazon, and I can buy books (using Gift Certificate loophole as I'm not in US), and I tried to email myiphonename@kindle.com and myiphonename@free.kindle.com. Nada. THe mail were sent, but no reply at all.
I was corrected earlier in this thread that the email option is not availbel for iphone or ipods.

I'll go back and edit my original post.