Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #106
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
What for? You made an excellent point about the moral of the film being contentious.

Susan Sarandon cult movie = "The Hunger", maybe? Very bloody, interesting story, usually used as a lesbian date movie, I believe...

Other awesome cult films (well, that I like anyway):

Weekend at Bernie's
Ginger Snaps (and more so, Ginger Snaps Back)
Tremors (the first one)
Dark City
Silent Running
The Good Son
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas!

"What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country."
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #107
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
What for? You made an excellent point about the moral of the film being contentious.

Susan Sarandon cult movie = "The Hunger", maybe? Very bloody, interesting story, usually used as a lesbian date movie, I believe...

Other awesome cult films (well, that I like anyway):

Weekend at Bernie's
Ginger Snaps (and more so, Ginger Snaps Back)
Tremors (the first one)
Dark City
Silent Running
The Good Son
Oh, c'mon! I can't believe no one has pointed out that the cult movie with Susan Sarandon was Rocky!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #108
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Oh, c'mon! I can't believe no one has pointed out that the cult movie with Susan Sarandon was Rocky!
Our Horizontal Groucho did so in post 100. Or were you perhaps thinking she starred together with Sylvester Stallone? Or maybe with Bullwinkle?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #109
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Ooh, Silent Running! Which night is that playing?

Since we're on cult movies....
Remo Williams. Tron. Ghostbusters. Time Bandits. Labyrinth.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #110
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Our Horizontal Groucho did so in post 100. Or were you perhaps thinking she starred together with Sylvester Stallone? Or maybe with Bullwinkle?
Never mind.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #111
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Ooh, Silent Running! Which night is that playing?

Since we're on cult movies....
Remo Williams. Tron. Ghostbusters. Time Bandits. Labyrinth.
I haven't seen Tron for ages...... Must catch it again. Not heard of Remo Williams -- must keep an eye out for it.

Although not cult, anyone up for Pan's Labyrinth (that's the English title -- I can't remember the original one).
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #112
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Although not cult, anyone up for Pan's Labyrinth (that's the English title -- I can't remember the original one).
Sure. That's been on my "to watch" list for a while.

Minimalist info about Remo Williams: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remo_Wi...venture_Begins
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #113
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I haven't seen Tron for ages...... Must catch it again. Not heard of Remo Williams -- must keep an eye out for it.

Ahhh, El Laberinto del fauno, very VERY good movie. Totally up for seeing it for the Umpteenth time!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #114
NetSlut
Connoisseur
NetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Remo Williams
Hurrah for The Destroyer!

Longest-running series of books in the world not written by the named authors!

The film is loads of fun, but the books are so much better. Satirical about current events, humorous, loads of action, and of course the fifty-two steps to sexual ecstasy!
NetSlut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies, silliness, unutterable silliness