Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #16
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
The author's name does show up if you have 5 or 10 books per page. But I agree it is not ideal
hmmmmm.....I'm using folders and I've got mine set to display 5 titles per page, sorted by file path, and I don't see it. What am I missing? Where should I look? Thanks!
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #17
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
hmmmmm.....I'm using folders and I've got mine set to display 5 titles per page, sorted by file path, and I don't see it. What am I missing? Where should I look? Thanks!
The file probably does not contain the author meta information. mobi2mobi can be used to add or change author and title information. It works for DRM:ed books also.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #18
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The file probably does not contain the author meta information. mobi2mobi can be used to add or change author and title information. It works for DRM:ed books also.
I'm sorry, your answer really confuses me. What does the author meta data have to do with the folder I create to place books in on my Cybook?

Many people may wish to sort by author name and so they create folders named after authors and place books in those folders. I prefer to sort by subject matter. For instance, I have created folders to hold files for each subject that I teach. How do I set these files up so that I can see the folder name when I sort by path? Do you see my confusion?

Last edited by ProfJulie; 02-22-2008 at 05:19 PM.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #19
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
My understanding is that the current version of firmware does not allow us to see the folder names. This is something they are working on for future firmware releases. I also have all my books stored by subject matter, I just have to kinda guess where I am by the books showing on the screen and my knowlege of how I set up my naming convention. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

*Fingers Crossed* for a firmware update soon that addresses folders or at least groupings of eBooks.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
The folder name can't currently be displayed.

What Ortep meant is this method works pretty well if you have a folder for each author, and then do a "sort by file path" to sort by author's name, because the library screen shows you the author's name. Not from the file path, but from the metadata in the book itself.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2008, 05:24 AM   #21
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The folder name can't currently be displayed.
Not from the file path, but from the metadata in the book itself.
Yes that is the trick. I never realised that by some people the metadata is not complete. It is one of the first things I fix when it is not. So All my books show the name of the author.

It won't help you when you sort by subject
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes that is the trick. I never realised that by some people the metadata is not complete. It is one of the first things I fix when it is not. So All my books show the name of the author.

It won't help you when you sort by subject
Most of the Mobi books available for download here were created by a tool called "Book Designer" which, unfortunately, doesn't put any metadata into the book. Some of the more recently uploaded ones (such as the ones I've been uploading for the last few months) are done with a different tool which creates "proper" Mobi books with metadata, working navigation links, and so on.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #23
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Most of the Mobi books available for download here were created by a tool called "Book Designer" which, unfortunately, doesn't put any metadata into the book. Some of the more recently uploaded ones (such as the ones I've been uploading for the last few months) are done with a different tool which creates "proper" Mobi books with metadata, working navigation links, and so on.
I manage to remember to create a 'Book Title' and 'Book Author' and that's about it for metadata.

And given that the Cybook's Library can do the various sorts and that it can (internally) navigate the subfolders, there's absolutely no reason why Bookeen can't create a folder/subfolder navigation method for the Library. After all the time they've been working on the app, this lack approaches the levels of 'sloppy' and 'unconscionable' - IMO. I mean, like, Linux, Windows, MacOS have all been able to display folder paths for *HOW LONG* now?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
And given that the Cybook's Library can do the various sorts and that it can (internally) navigate the subfolders, there's absolutely no reason why Bookeen can't create a folder/subfolder navigation method for the Library. After all the time they've been working on the app, this lack approaches the levels of 'sloppy' and 'unconscionable' - IMO. I mean, like, Linux, Windows, MacOS have all been able to display folder paths for *HOW LONG* now?

Derek
But how much of that is down to Bookeen, and how much to MobiPocket? The fact is that no version of the MobiPocket librarian that I know of supports folders (the iLiad, which does support folders, doesn't have any sort of Mobi librarian at all). That's why I'm wondering if perhaps this code is controlled by Mobi and Bookeen don't have too much say about it?

Just a thought...
Old 02-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #25
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But how much of that is down to Bookeen, and how much to MobiPocket? The fact is that no version of the MobiPocket librarian that I know of supports folders (the iLiad, which does support folders, doesn't have any sort of Mobi librarian at all). That's why I'm wondering if perhaps this code is controlled by Mobi and Bookeen don't have too much say about it?

Just a thought...

But Boo Reader is-and had been-a Bookeen-developed application since long before the Cybook Gen3.

Derek
Old 02-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #26
delphidb96
Wizard

And I still can't understand why...?

the Delete button won't work! It's these niggling little details which frustrate me the most!

Derek
Old 02-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Wait for the firmware upgrade - I think we've been promised folder support for that, haven't we? Patience is a virtue...
Old 02-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #28
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Wait for the firmware upgrade - I think we've been promised folder support for that, haven't we? Patience is a virtue...
But I haven't seen a promise for a functional 'Delete' button. And we should be able to use the '+' and '-' buttons to navigate the pages, etc...

And I really, Really, REALLY want RTF support!

Derek
Old 02-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #29
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
But I haven't seen a promise for a functional 'Delete' button. And we should be able to use the '+' and '-' buttons to navigate the pages, etc...

And I really, Really, REALLY want RTF support!

Derek
Nah... + and - should change the font size
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #30
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Nah... + and - should change the font size

That's an interesting idea I could get behind. Good thinking!

Derek