Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
HardwareLust
HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook Color/Tablet, Kobo Aura HD/Mini, Kindle Paperwhite
Question Upgrading from Nook Color to Nook Tablet

Finally got sick of my Nook Color's weight and terrible battery life, so I picked up a refurbed 16gb Nook Tablet today ($119).

Question is, will I need to re-convert all my existing (side loaded) ebooks, or will they transfer over just fine?
HardwareLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You shouldn't have to do anything other than copy them to the new device.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
HardwareLust
HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.HardwareLust knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook Color/Tablet, Kobo Aura HD/Mini, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You shouldn't have to do anything other than copy them to the new device.
Thank you, that's what I figured. The screen size is identical, so I didn't really think there would be any problems, I just wanted to make sure. Re-converting all my books was not something I was looking forward to.
HardwareLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Side loaded books do not have to be converted. Switching to the HD is also conversion free.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote