Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretober View Post
Then could you give a link how to remove the ads? So many threads here...
But very few search boxes.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #32
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry for inconvenience cause I don't know what does "KSO" means at first.
Then could you give a link how to remove the ads? So many threads here...
Great thanks, again.
  • Delete the existing RUNME.sh and RUNME.done
  • Copy this RUNME.sh to your Kindle then restart.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RunmeForAds.zip (502 Bytes, 398 views)

Last edited by thomass; 05-29-2012 at 08:20 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #33
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Many of the important threads are linked from the wikis. At least for the K5(touch), the wiki is a good place to start if the searches are not working for you. At mobileread, I prefer using the search in the top center of the forum web page (between "New Posts" and "Community"), with the "Show Posts" radio button selected).

EDIT: Now we have a Master Index sticky thread. That is a better place to start, and it contains links to the wikis in addition to the growing collection of links to this forum (and other places).

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-09-2012 at 10:17 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
pretober
pretober began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Many of the important threads are linked from the wikis. At least for the K5(touch), the wiki is a good place to start if the searches are not working for you. At mobileread, I prefer using the search in the top center of the forum web page (between "New Posts" and "Community"), with the "Show Posts" radio button selected).
Yes, I know. But I didn't find from WIKI...
Sorry to bother you, I googled (that's why I was guided here)first, really.
pretober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
pretober

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
  • Delete the existing RUNME.sh and RUNME.done
  • Copy this RUNME.sh to your Kindle then restart.
It works!
chmod to rewrite, backup the ads folder, and then change to readonly. Nice work!

Thank you so much, one more again!
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #36
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It works!
chmod to rewrite, backup the ads folder, and then change to readonly. Nice work!

Thank you so much, one more again!
it is not mine. the first two lines of the file is related with the credits.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #37
pretober

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
it is not mine. the first two lines of the file is related with the credits.
No matter who did this, all you gurus are great!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
aztec
aztec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hi all. I have a question: how can I make wallpapers go at random? Is there any possibility to do this? Thanx a lot : )
aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #39
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec View Post
Hi all. I have a question: how can I make wallpapers go at random? Is there any possibility to do this? Thanx a lot : )
You could use a startup script that shuffles the screensavers by renaming them, so that they begin with different numbers. That would only take effect at restart. To have them get shuffled periodically, you could use a cron job, or a background script that sleeps for a long time between screensaver renames. There are many other events that you could intercept to rename screensaver images as well.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #40
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Except you'd have to shuffle stuff around with the exact same filenames (and I can't promise that the framework wouldn't get confused at one point, and you'd have a chance of ending up with duplicates), or restart the framework everytime you shuffle, which is precisely what the K2/K3 hack does (shuffle on unplug, then restart the framework). [In case that wasn't clear: because the framework load the list of screensavers at startup].

I'm assuming that's how the K4 framework works, too. It might, on the other hand, be doable on a Touch, if someone updates yifan's openblanket/screensaver blanket module for 5.1.0 .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:59 AM   #41
aztec
aztec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You could use a startup script that shuffles the screensavers by renaming them, so that they begin with different numbers. That would only take effect at restart. To have them get shuffled periodically, you could use a cron job, or a background script that sleeps for a long time between screensaver renames. There are many other events that you could intercept to rename screensaver images as well.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to write scripts : (
Is there any "user-friendly" way? at least already written script, which I could use? Sorry for nubish questions )
aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #42
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec View Post
Unfortunately I have no idea how to write scripts : (
Is there any "user-friendly" way? at least already written script, which I could use? Sorry for nubish questions )
I am not aware of any "already written" script that does exactly what you want.

There are MANY books and documents that can teach you how to write scripts, and you may learn a few handy things by studying the scripts in the "eink algorithmic art scripts" thread.

Learning is good for you.

If you do not want to invest the TIME to learn to write scripts, you could invest the MONEY needed to hire somebody to write it for you. Or if you ask nicely in the right places, perhaps somebody may do it for you for FREE, just for the learning experience for themselves.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #43
Wolowizardry
Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kinlde 4 (Grey)
Hello and great thread, i have some questions if u guys were kind enough to help me, im a total noob with this stuff sorry:

1.- Does this method work on a kindle special offers non touch, i read the title it says no but i saw the file u added runmeforads, thats why i ask?
2.- Is the RUNME.done file already in the kindle or do i create it with geekmaster data.tar.gz process?
3.- I read that the kindle ads ask u to connect to internet because the ads have expiration date so does this procedure disables that notification?

(i know is to much to ask but like i said im a total noob at this stuff, thank you very much)...
Wolowizardry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #44
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolowizardry View Post
Hello and great thread, i have some questions if u guys were kind enough to help me, im a total noob with this stuff sorry:
1.- Does this method work on a kindle special offers non touch, i read the title it says no but i saw the file u added runmeforads, thats why i ask?
if your Kindle is Kindle 4NT-KSO
then follow this steps:
  • copy geekmaster's data.tar.gz, then restart Kindle
  • copy the second RUNME.sh ( in runmeforads.zip file ) then restart
  • remove RUNME.sh, RUNME.done and copy the RUNME.sh on the first post then restart

BTW always use menu>settings>menu >restart to restart your Kindle
Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #45
view_source
view_source began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle NT4
This worked great for me, thanks very much.

However Amazon have just released system update 4.1. The update fails, error code U006, I assume because this hack was applied. What is the way to remove this hack (temporarily) so I update the system? (Is it to just delete RUNME.sh on the Kindle 4 NT).

Thanks very much for your work, and your continued responses.

Regards

EDIT: I tried deleting RUNME.sh and the update still failed. Any suggestions?

Last edited by view_source; 06-05-2012 at 12:10 PM.
view_source is offline   Reply With Quote