Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
iansoady
Enthusiast
iansoady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Collections / authors on Kindle / Calibre

Kindle 3; Calibre 0.8.6.

I have around 1,000 mobi books which I have transferred to the Kindle using Calibre and put into collections by author.

However, I have realised that the author names are not uniformly stored - eg I have Arthur C Clarke and Arthur C. Clarke. Of course, these are seen as two different authors and hence the books appear in 2 different collections.

I have rectified this on Calibre by editing the metadata but that now means the Kindle and Calibre are out of sync.

Is there any way of easily sorting this out or do I need to delete and reload the books onto the Kindle?
iansoady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iansoady View Post
Is there any way of easily sorting this out or do I need to delete and reload the books onto the Kindle?
I don't have a Kindle but deleting and resending will work.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Deleting from the Kindle and reloading is the only way to fix it, I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
iansoady
Enthusiast

Thanks both - what I suspected.

I'll just have to bite the bullet at some point.

Still very impressed by Calibre though......
Old 08-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
There is a Kindle Collections plugin for Calibre that will help you to create your collections. Check out the Calibre PlugIns Forum.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #6
iansoady
Enthusiast

Yes, that's what I've been using but it doesn't seem to solve my problem. Excellent bit of software.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Have you contacted Meme, he is the creator of the plugin maybe he can help you solve your problem.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote